Dark Eternity - X Omega
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:02 am

Shuho blinked lightly as he looked at her. He knew who she meant, but he didn't want to say anything about it. It was like Shirei said... nothing good would come out of it. "I'm not going anywhere," Shuho said simply.

The Neo Domino Stadium was the site of the battle the seats were already beginning to fill as the contestants were arriving. The Stadium itself seemed prepared for the WRGP, set with pit areas in place of the flat tracks. Everyone was asked to wait in the back as the final preparations were being made.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:35 am

Ever since Shuho wokie up, Zeiya was attached to him like a magnet...literally. She refused to let go of his arm, fearling that something else might happen to him.

"Why am I doing this agin..." Seiki hissed to herself as she was starting to tune up her Duel Runner, making last adjustments before she heads off to duel. "Damn that snake..."
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 am

Shuho was at his Duel Runner, looking it over one last time before the fight. Zeiya was at his arm, just as she was before. He turned to her with a light smile and said, "Don't be so worried for me... I'm here now and we'll win. For right now, that's our goal."

The tall man slowly walked into the room, looking to Seiki as she was fixing her Duel Runner. Seiki was the first duelist this time and there was no doubt that she would be all they needed. Damion was simply there to watch even though he was a registered member of their team.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, its time to begin the WRGP Opening rounds!" a voice called out, echoing through the arena. "The Duelists here have battled tooth and nail to be the best Team there is, and now its time to see which one comes out on top! The First round battles will be happening here and in the Main Highway constructed by Sector Security. Let's introduce our first team!"

"In the first match, we have newcomer Turbo Duelist, Harley King! With him is one of the Fortune Cup finalists Zeiya Hisaki! And the boy who defeated the King Jack Atlus, Shuho Kazeyama! Together, they are Team Spirit Caller!" (Yes, Darren gave them a name without asking anyone because no one had better ideas.)
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:00 am

Zeiya vigorously shakes her head, holding onto his arm tighter. "No." she said in a pouty tone. "If I let go, you'll end up getting yourself hurt." She muttered as thoughts of different scenarios cycled through her head.

Seiki didn't even have to turn behind her as she could hear Damion walk inside. "What do you want? I'm perfectly capable of fixing my own runner, thank you very much." She grunted in a grudging voice.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:17 am

At the annoucing of their team name, Harley thrusted a fist into the air, yelling out to the people in the audience. To his surprise, he received a decent ovation. Whether it was for his association, or the word of mouth on his dueling skill, he took it all in with a huge smile.

From above the crowd, a different expression took hold. A blank stare lashed onto the pre-duel celebrating King, analyzing his every move. ~He won't last much longer....~ Seth thought, slipping his hands into his pockets. He looked over to his team mates, Zeiya latched tightly to Shuho's arm ~His energy works like mine.....and I would've killed him by now.....~ He had to make sure Harley kept in control. If he didn't.........
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:26 am

"And now, for the opponents. Their names and identities are shrouded in mystery. Let's hear it for Team Mimic!" The crowd roared as there had been rumors of this team spreading around. They were duelists who could imitate the moves of their foes to win. They also had an unknown card that usually marked victory for them. Everyone was eager to see what such a card could be. Them men themselves were all wearing black masks making it impossible to see their faces. One of them was muscular, called Morph. One was Skinny, know as Ditto. And one was somewhat chubby and known as Mimicry. The skinny one walked forward first, chuckling under his mask as he looked at the opponents. "Just kids, huh? This shouldn't be any problem at all."
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:50 am

Zeiya clenched tigher on Shuho's arm. She was reluntant of him going second, but she had no say in the matter. "Shuho...Harley..." she muttered, looking at the two boys. "Please...be careful..."

"Hey, moron...who the hell gives a name called Spirit Callers, anyways?" Yuki hissed, pulling at Darren's ear. "Can't you think of a better name?"
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:51 am

Darren bent over in pain as his ear was pulled. "Ow... I remembered Kariya calling them that so it fits! We can't forget what we lost to get this far..." While still in pain, his words had a serious tone to them. His eyes turned as he saw the large man with the golden mask and a red haired girl next to him. "Is that..." Darren said, now stopping completely and looking at him.

"Well now, there's no more need to wait! You know the rules! Each duelist starts with 4000 Life points. When a Duelist's life reaches 0 the next duelist of that team steps in. All cards remaining on the field when a duelist is switched remain on the field and carry over to the next Turbo Duelist. Now, let's Turbo Duel!"

From the Team Mimic, the skinny member of the group came first, moving to the starting gate.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:46 pm

"I don't care if Kariya called them that! That's a stupid name!" Yuki hissed at him. She blinked as she noticed Darren staring at something. "Hey...are you listening to me, idiot?!"

The red haired girl sidled behind the masked man, trying to hide herself from Darren's gaze. "Y-You don't think he knows, do you?" she asked the man as she peeked behind him.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Harley saw his oppoent move, and he answered with a mimic of his own, actually mocking them by copying the movement his opponent did. He pulled up next to him, turning to his opponent and winking, offering a thumbs up.

"He's an arrogant little prick, ain't he?" Shane spoke finally. He had been sitting next to Darren and Yuki on the opposite side, shaking his head with an amused smile. "Hope he can back it up."
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Darren's gaze wouldn't leave the man before he turned to Shane and Yuki. "Uh... yeah. I hope so too, Shane. Shuho's the second Runner and I don't think he's in good condition to duel today.. I'm kinda hopin' Harley can take em all."

"It matters not now," the doctor said to his assistant as he turned to the field. "I came to see the progression of Chaos and Order. My identity if forfeit."

The skinny man revved his Runner as the lights flash. "The contestants are ready to go..." the announcer said as the lights changed, signaling things were about to start. "Let's go! Turbo Duel, Accelerate!" With that, the light became green and the man bolted out of the starting gate moving towards the corner.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:19 am

Harley followed close behind, reving his engine up with great force, waking the spirits of those who watched. His runner became nothing more than a streak of red, white, and blue. He didn't say anything, only watched as his opponent rounded the corner first. All part of the plan, all part of the plan.

"Pickin' his spot" Shane said as he leaned forward, placing one elbow on his knee to support himself. "Not going to lie, Darren, he might've been the best choice to start after all."
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:29 am

The man looked back to see that Harley wasn't making a move to pass him. He started to slow himself down, grinning as the skinny male was passed up by Harley and the boy took the corner first. "Guess the first move's yours, kid,' he called out.

Darren nodded and lightly said, "I hope so. I would really prefer Shuho to not have to duel today. But what about that guy? Why'd he give up the first turn on purpose?"
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 1:28 am

"Because it's Harley's first move" Shane said with a sly smirk. "Have you noticed that Harley never starts the duel? He uses it to analyze his opponent so he can counter attack." He leaned back in his seat, arms crossing. "This guy must have done his research, he's duplicating Harley's move."

Harley had no idea what to say to the situation. He shook it off, initiating his first turn. "I,uhhhh,I......I set a monter and two face downs! Turn end!" He increased speed slightly while his cards materialized.

"Man, he even used the oldest move in the book" Shane said. "This guy has him flustered."
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:19 am

The man grinned as he drew his own card, placing two cards in the spell trap zone and one face down in defense mode. His field was identical to Harley's, including the placement of the cards. "That's all I need to do. You go ahead, kid!"

"If Harley studies his opponent before making a move, then this guy just made that impossible, at least right now," Darren said, now getting a little worried for the young one. "Harley just started dueling, let alone Turbo Duels. How could they know about this?"
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:59 pm

OOC: Wow, probably should've posted to this a long time ago

Harley drew, his counters increasing by one as his speed increased. He eyed his hand, but he had hoped that a bit of aggression would throw his opponent off. He wasn't known for it, so why not?

"Activate face-down, Dark Scheme!" Harley's right face-down activated, revealing the trap he had layed. "The choice is simple. You can discard one card now, or we both discard two cards and then draw two!" He tried his best to keep up a tough face.

"Not bad" shane said, cracking a slight grin as he rubbed the thin beard on his chin. "Kid knows it's not going to work though, right?"
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:00 am

The man grinned lightly as he said, "I'll choose to let your card go through and have use both discard two cards."

Darren blinked in shock as he turned to Shane. "I guess he doesn't know as much about Harley as we thought... Doesn't that give him a huge advantage?"
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 am

Harley nodded as he selected two cards in his hand, slapping them into the graveyard and drawing two more cards. "Now to activate the effects of my discarded monsters! First, Gren, Tactician of Dark World allows me to destroy a face-down Spell or Trap you control, and I destroy the Face-down to your left!" As his words took flight, so did the effect. The duplicator's face-down shattered, just as light erupted from Harley's field. "Now, I activate Sillva, Warlord of Dark World. When he's discarded, I can Special Summon him to my side of the field!"

A blitz of bright lights and pure energy came up in a vortex, from it emerging the menacing form of one of Harley's key monsters. It drew it's blade close, crouching into a battle position to the roar of the viewing fans (2300 Atk).

"I wouldn't say they don't know." Shane clicked his tongue on the inside of his mouth, kicking a foot up on the back of the chair infront of him, much to the dislike of the man sitting in said chair, who stopped his attempt to complain short after a look at glare from Shane. "So far, the kid is playing his cards right. I just hope he keeps it up."
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:35 am

As the man's card was destroyed, his graveyard and his other face down card started to glow. "I activate the effects of the cards I discarded...Gren, Tactician of Dark World, and Sillva, Warlord of Dark World." Harley's face down card was shattered as the man grinned. Soon after, a Warlord of darkness appeared on his side of the field. "Also, since it was discarded by your ability, two cards in your hand move to the bottom of your deck. Now, I activate Dark Scheme. It looks like its your turn to make a choice."

"How in the..." Darren said, now getting confused as he looked at the identical cards being played. "How does he have the same cards as Harley? The exact same cards?!"
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:57 am

It was like he was dueling a mirror image of himself. Harley stood wide-eyed as he sent two cards to the bottom of his deck, leaving him only one card left. He had no time to let his nerves get to him.

"I'm discarding the last card in my hand to negate!"

Harley selected his last card, a somber look on his face as he dragged to the graveyard, placing it there. He had no more resources, the man had beat him at his own game.....

and then he flashed a smirk.

"I activate the effect of Broww, Huntsman of Dark World. Since your effect is what discarded Broww, I'm allowed to draw two cards!" Harley did as such, his desperation move actually putting him in a better place than before. Two monsters, one being his face-up Sillva, versus the same scenario. He had to think.

"Each card, one by one. He's copying Harley....." Shane took a long, hard look at the field and the way the cards were playing. Was there some way out? "That's it." He turned to Darren "Dark World cards play on their being discarded by either duelist. If this guy has his entire deck copied, it's a game of defense out-weighing offense."
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 2:08 am

"But that's just it..." Darren said as he turned to the field. "The teams had to register their decks before beginning and weren't allowed to change. Even if he could know every card in Harley's deck... how could he construct such a deck for the tournament?"

The man grinned lightly as he said, "What's wrong? Aren't you going to attack your own creature? Its not like I can stop you..."
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 4:40 am

Harley tried as hard as he could to avoid looking into the other Sillva's eyes. His worries would always get the best of him, even when he thought everything was going his way, but in the end he did have one advantage, the change of cards. His hand had to be different.....or was it? He couldn't tell, but in the midst of the chaos he aimed a finger at the face-down the masked man had played.

"Sillva, take out his face-down!"

His monster lept silently into the air, coming down on the face-down monster with a rapid and precise swing of it's blade.

"Genius" Shane said, smirking. "His face-down was a total mystery, meanin' the masked guy would have to have read his mind in order to copy him. The suicide attack might have destroyed his Sillva, but destroyin' that face-down could get Har his confidence back."
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 4:46 am

The man looked at Sillva nervously as his card was revealed. It looked to be a mirror with a large eyeball for a moment, but immediately became another Sillva. It was destroyed in an instant as Sillva, Warlord of Darkworld. "Tsk... Damn kid..."

"That's it!" Darren said, looking at the card. "The cards aren't the same, they're cards with effects that let them become other cards! Its no wonder he did everything exactly!"
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:44 am

A smirk cracked on Harley's face, a swager coming to his movement. That was all he needed to see. All of a sudden, his thinking had changed. These were no friends of his, only enemies that needed to be defeated. One card, simulating Sillva, one face-down, two cards in hand. The numbers trailed in his head at high speeds.

"I set one face-down and end!"

Shane nodded in the events, pleased. "He might just pull this off."
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:52 pm

"Its not easy for a duelist to fight his allies," Darren said, his arms crossed as he looked on at the battle. "But still, even if he figured out the truth, it doesn't solve the full problem. That guy knew all of Sillva's effects. He didn't just copy Harley exactly. That means he has to know what mst of those cards do. That might be a problem in itself."

The man drew his card, looking at his field and options. "Damnit... the kid figured me out... If that's the case..." He pointed out at the face down monster the boy still had. "Sillva, attack HIS defense!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?   WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WRGP First Round! Duel of Spirits?
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next