Dark Eternity - X Omega
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
xShanex
Admin

What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited Empty
PostSubject: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:51 am

Neo Domino City, 1:34 AM

The city streets were barren, lost of all life at this time of night. The stars looked down from overhead, but were unable to be seen from the blinding lights of the big city. A long stretch of road, vehicles parked on the side of it in rest, reached down the edge of the ocean, the waters black with the night. All was calm, silent.

VVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

The calm was shattered in an instant by the roar of engines, two forces screaming down the road at full speed. The first zoomed by, hidden by the shadows, revealed only by the street lights.

Then the second followed.....

The source shot faster than one could register, the entire area set alight by violent flames that trailed behind him, the waters on one side raging into rapids, the glass in the windows of the vehicles shattering and rocketing out from their homes. The two turned a corner, the flames flickering a straight line, slowly dying down, before a larger flash illuminated the unseen area.

A Duel Runner lay wrecked in a heap on the side of the road, purple flames lining it. It's rider was further from the wreck, on his stomach, writhing in agony. Steam rose from the ground around him. then, the thud of boots against the asphault. Black boots strided at a calm pace across the wasteland, the jingling of chains against the thighs of the owner singing with them. They stopped just short of the crash victim. The victim looked up, eyes widened, crawling back tiredly.

"No! No man, please!"

The boots stepped slowly, stopping again just short.

"Deals a deal."

Purple light exploded again, the victim letting out a scream, and then all was silent. He stood up, saying nothing. The other man smirked, the pendant on his necklace, a skull with purple gem eyes, coming to a rest.

"Heh."

The victim silently turned, walking away into the night, ignoring his Runner, then disappearing into the night. The man in black turned, hoping back on his own ride, unseen in the shadows, turning it on. A single light blasted through the dark, turned, riding away, the damage done.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:33 am

VVVVVVRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

The sound of a Duel Runner echoed in the darken highway as Seiki was riding around in it. Apparently, she was taking care of Shuho's Runner ever since he disappeared. She decided to take it out for a test at the time because there was less likely the chance other runners would be around.

"Everything sounds good..." she muttered as she turned a curve. "Nothing wrong with the handling or drifting...All right, lets try out the dueling functions."

She took her left hand off the handle and activated Duel Mode. Speed World 2 activated and the dueling field was visible on the monitor. So far so good. She took out her deck, taking the test run a bit further. Placing it in the deck holster of the runner, it automatically shuffled the cards. She put her hand back on only to take her right hand off to draw six cards.

"....Damn..." she muttered, glaring at the monitor. It didn't seem to register the phases correctly. Short term: It's stuck on Draw Phase, meaning she can't do shit or get any speed counters. "What kind of piece of crap did Shuho get...? I still can't figure out how to fix this thing."

VVVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

She froze, her eyes widen as she broke out into a cold sweat. She KNOWS she didn't imagine that. Hell, she'd be dumb NOT to notice that sound. As she looked up ahead, she saw another part of the highway merging into the one. Soon, two Runners zoomed form the merging highway, one of them leaving trails of purple flames.

~Fuck...Can't let anyone see me now...~ She thought as she started to slow down her Runner, hoping the other two's runners would mask the sound. As she came to a stop, she heard a sickening 'CRASH' up ahead. Getting off the Runner, she pulled it slowly and looked around the corner, seeing the two motorists from before. One of them let out a cry of bloody murder before he simply walked away from the other man...

...and by other way, it meant he was walking towards Seiki.

"Fuck!" She hissed as she jumped back up on the runner, making a 180 turn before speeding off. No matter what she did, she would have been found out either way. She was hoping she was faster if those two men decided to go after her.

Moral of the post? Don't go driving out in the middle of the night.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:40 am

The sun rose, ending that night of strange occurances. The day was still too early to bring most to their waking hours, but a single man used it to embrace the moment. A leather trench coat, white as snow billowed in the breeze of the ocean as he looked out from the dock, the sun gleaming off of his sunglasses.

He reached into his coat pocket, removing from it a cell phone, checking the time. Damn, time was his enemy once again. He was booked to appear soon. Fame, can't live with it but we all want it for some reason.

He just wanted to be left alone.

He turned, walking away, hands in his pockets as he had always done.

Time to go appease to some damn fans.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:47 am

"Well, well, well..." said an arrogant voice as the man walked away from the docks. Behind he buildings nearby stepped out a woman with long hair with black eyes to match her hair. Leaning against the building, she lazily stared at the white haired man. "Look what Anubis dragged out. Rather nostalgic seeing you again."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"See you later, Seiki!" Zeiya shouted out to her pink haired friend, who merely replied with a grunt as the peppy, blue haired girl left the apartment they now owned. Seiki started to fix up her friend's Runner, trying as much to distract herself as to what happened earlier today.

~....Must be because I pull all nighters...~ she tried to convince herself, letting out a small yawn and rubbed her eyes.

"I'll head ot sleep after I grab that part..." she muttered as she stood up, trying to regain her balance as she headed out the building and into the market area of Neo Domino.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:50 am

"Hmph."

A smirk cracked on the face of the man dressed in the white trench coat. His black pants rippled once as he stayed completely focused ahead, never once acknowledging the women outside of one simple sentence.

"You are?"

Sarcasm, the language he had become quite the master of over the years.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:04 am

"Hmph...asshole..." the woman grunted as she glared at the white haired man. "You haven't matured a bit..." She crossed her arms. "So...What's the almighty dragon doing here? I thought you were oh so busy at work?" She paired her sentence with a roll of her eyes. "You're just lucky I'm in a good mood....I would have ripped your balls off by now."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

".................................where the fuck am I?"

Seiki glared at the two to three story buildings, her eye twitching in utter annoyance. It's been only 10 minutes since she bought the parts to fix Zeiya's Runner....and she can't seem to find her way back home. Letting out a heavy sigh, she continud her way, turining the upcoming corner.

At the instant she turned, she did a 180 and walked the other way. "Damn it....why the hell is he here...?" she hissed, referring to the white haired man.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:25 am

The man in white tilted his head, his hair parting, revealing black hair under the white. He slowly reached up, gripping the edges of his sunglasses with care, then elegantly removing them, placing them on the collar of the black shirt underneath.

"Invitational Duel. I don't want to be here, my agent made me......said it was good for business."

He opened his eyes, steel gray piercing into the black-haired woman.

"I hadn't expected to see your....smiling face again. What's the matter, Mujo to afraid to meet me himself?"

-------------

"heheheheheh"

An audible whisper rang in the ear of the black-haired woman. It was lost to the rest of the world, but to her ear, it was clear as the day around them.

"He's just as pathetic as always."

In a flash, another figure had entered the fray. Time seemed to stand still, the white-haired man frozen in mid-action, the waves on the ocean halted. The new figure leaned against the wall next to the woman, hands in the pockets of a black leather jacket. A black hood was pulled up over his head, his face blocked from sight. A shirt rested underneath the jacket as well as black pants and boots, three silver chains looping from his pockets to his belt on both sides. The only stand-out features from the black were the logos on the shirt and jacket, both a pure white Vampiric Skull and crossbones, as well as the silver necklace around his neck, a skull pendant resting on his chest, purple eyes opened wide.

"Seth's always so polite, isn't he?"
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:35 pm

She let out a grunt, glaring at Seth. "What am I, his nanny? I don't know what the hell he does." the woman said. She blinked, noticing Seth was frozen as well as everything around her.. She heard the voice and glanced at the new man.

"...The hell did you get yourself into this time...?" She said, narrowing her eyes.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:58 pm

"Aww, you remember me? I'm so touched."

The new man stepped out a few paces from the wall, placing his hand on the frozen shoulder of Seth Drakemore. He bowed his head, then placed both hands under his hood, slowly pulling it back to a rest upon his shoulders. Black hair settled into place, just over eye-length, jagged, wild, but controlled.

"That temper was always so cute, Yuki, glad you've kept it through the years."

The man turned his head to the right, looking over his shoulder to reveal the face of Shane! His eyes burned with a very light purple tinge that could barely be seen from under his black sunglasses. A small beard rested on his chin. A smirk creeped on his face. His once enthusiastic persona, his happy go lucky mentality, it was all gone.

"What? You don't get it? You don't remember?"
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:43 pm

"Hmmm...." Yuki closed her eyes and put a finger between her eyes, pretending to think hard. "Sorry, I seem to have a bad memory on crap like this." She said sarcastically, putting down her hand and opening her eyes. "...And? Don't tell me you're gonna challenge me to a duel where the stake is my own sanity...?"

She put her arms down to her side and stood up, glancing around at the frozen world before looking at Shane.

"Either way, I could care less of this crap you're gonna pull off."
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Shane closed his eyes and chuckled, taking in a deep breath and releasing it with an amused sigh.

"Flames, I don't need to force you to do anything. I don't WANT to force you to do. No matter what you think or, rather, thought of me, I always kinda liked you. You have charisma, people lack that."

He slowly turned to her, stepping in a calm rhythm with his hands in his pockets, then turning again, standing next to her and looking up to the sky. Two birds were frozen overhead.

"This world, it's a cruel place. People just....well, they fuckin' suck, especially this jerk off right here. I don't want any part of it, any part of their rules. Life's easier without their rules but no one seems to believe me."

He shook his head in disappointment, leaning against the wall again.

"So I make them believe me. Thing is, I know you want the same. You've experienced what I can do, what the Skulls can do. Once you realize it again......"

He winked, his body fading before vanishing in a black mist.

"I'll be waiting."

The world then unfroze.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:42 pm

OOC: I did it again....good thing the post wasn't big X_X

IC:

"..." Yuki narrowed her eyes at Shane as he started to fade away and time returning to normal. She glared at the spot he was at for a fwe seconds before letting out a heavy sigh and glanced at Seth.

"Well...good luck with your duel, I guess." She mutered as she turned around, waving her hand as she walked away from him.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:59 pm

Seth shook his head, trying to figure out how she had responded so fast.

"You should come, would be nice to have some support."

He new the chances were slim. They weren't exactly friends after all, but just someone who wasn't swooning over seeing him or asking for a damn autograph would be great company. He collected his thoughts, then walked off into the distance himself. He had work to do.

::Later that Night::

BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

An explosion sounded out as the roar of the crowd took over. Bright lights shined down on a center field, breaking through the night. The smoke had just cleared, now a mechanical beast that rose high above the field. Multiple dragonic heads locked down on where a target once stood. The voice of the MC yelled out, livening the crowd.

"What an attack! The Chimeratech Overdragon claims another victim! Give it up for SETH DRAKEMOOOOORE!!!!"

The crowd erupted as the wind fluttered Seth's coat. His hair was dyed once again a deep black, the white coat settling. Seth sighed, just another victory but what did it matter? Not like he had lost in years.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:38 pm

"Oi! Emo boy!"

The crowd fell silent, all eyes and attention attracted to the obnoxious girl with long, black hair. Many of the spectators were booing at her and insulting the rude commenter, however she paid no attention as she stared at Seth with a lazy glare.

"What was that? Has your dueling died all these years?" Yuki said sarcastically out of habit. "I bet even my sister could beat you with ease!"

In the mist of the crowd, Seiki watched the duel. Her hoodie covered the majority of her hair and shadowed her face, hoping that no one would recognize her. She merely glanced at Yuki making her statement before turning back to Seth and awaiting his response.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:47 pm

"Security! security!"

The Mc called for the officers to do their job, marching toward Yuki with the full intention of arresting her. As they reached just behind Seth, his arm shot up, haulting their stride.

"You think you can do better, Yuki?"

His seriousness began to dwindle, his grin appearing. He hadn't been insulted in years. He liked it.

"Why don't you step up and test your luck?"

The crowd went wild once again. Two duels for the price of one?!?! What a day!
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:53 pm

Yuki smiled, letting out a soft chuckle. "If I haven't quit dueling and become so rusty, I would be glad to take you up on your offer, Drakemore. Sadly, I don't have interests in dueling as much as back in the academy." She leaned over the railing, holding her chin up with her hand and grinned.

"Why don't you pick one of your many fans to duel? I'm sure there's someone here who could give you a duel of a lifetime than I could ever give you."
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:07 am

Seth smirked. What a coward, calling him out only to back down like a scared little puppy dog. He held up his hands, turning to the people who payed to see him.

"So what do you say?! Does anyone here have something to prove?! Who wants to test their skill against Seth Drakemore?!"

The crowd broke into a crazed riot of cheers and excitment. Seth combed over them all. They were all the same, but none of them caught his attention. He was prepared for yet another boring duel with generic opponent number four. Then he saw her. This one girl, sitting there, hood over her head, face hidden.

"You...."

He pointed her out.

"You have something about you......come down here."
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:15 am

Seiki froze, her eyes widen in surprise as the crowd turned in her direction. She gripped her hands into fists as she glared at the ground.

....So much for drawing little attention with her hoodie....

"You heard the man, kid." Yuki said, turning towards Seiki.

After a bit of hesitation (more like a lot), she glared in front of her and started to walk up to the railing. Once she reached the railing, she grasped it with her right hand. Yuki watched her, noticing her body tensing up and shaking slightly.

"What the hell did I get myself into..." Yuki could hear the pink girl mutter to herself before jumping on top of the railing and dropping down to the field with a perfect landing. Seiki stood up, glaring at Seth with eyes that could kill.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:26 am

"You seem mad."

Seth had so many thoughts in his head, so many things bugging him. What made this girl show so much hostility toward him.....aside from him calling her out. He held out his arm, and assitant removing the duel disk from it. He then held out the other, a second assistant gripping his jacket, removing it from him to reveal a muscular frame. The duel disk was then reattached.

"What's your name?"

The crowd was still wild at the idea of this free duel, especially from a former king of games in Seth Drakemore. This was going to be a thrill. A select set of eyes, lining the top of the stadium, held the most interest. All were darkened, some with a glint of violet. In the center, their leader stood, hands in his jacket pockets.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:32 am

Seiki's glare didn't break. Instead, it seemed to grow even more as Seth asked her for her name.

"With all due respect, Drakemore," She hissed, "I would prefer not to give out my name for a few reasons."

The crowd began to boo at Seiki, mainly for the rude way she addressed Seth. She really didn't care. In fact, she just hated his high and mighty attitude, looking down on many people.

God, could she NOT stand this kind of person.

"Let's just get this over with, seeing as how I don't think I'll have an option of not dueling you."
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:47 am

"So hostile....."

Seth held up his hand, the lights on his duel disk blasting to life, extending down his arm in a blackened blade. He looked onto her with sorrowful eyes. He didn't understand why she hated him but she knew nothing about him.

"Dueling has always been my muse. It's my means of expressing myself. I play my cards as if it were a form of art. For my lifetime....it has been my only friend."

He lowered his arm, bending it infront of his chest, the crowd falling dead silent.

"Come, experience this with me."
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:55 am

"I don't care how you duel..." Seiki hissed as she pulled out her deck. "Let's just get this over with."

One of Seth's assistants walked up to the girl with a duel disk for her to use, since it was plainly obvious the only thing she has was her deck and a small plastic bag too small for a duel disk. She took the duel disk and attached it to her left arm. Placing her deck into the duel disk and drawing five cards after it shuffled, she looked up at Seth.

"Since you're the star of the show, I believe it'll be for the benefits of your fans to take the first move." she bluntly said.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:10 am

"Oh, but I must insist, ladies first."

He awaited a response, but realized she was strong in her decision.

"Very well."

Seth took a bow to his opponent, then drew his starting hand, and additional card coming much sooner afterward. He studied his hand, selecting a single card.

"I believe the basic single defense monster and two face-downs will serve their purpose."

The cards materialized before him.

"Your move."
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:23 am

Seiki drew her next card without a word. "If my opponent controls a monster, I can special summon Cyber Dragon!" She declared, throwing down the card onto the duel disk. A cyber Dragon materialized onto the field, glaring at Seth.

"Next, I'll put a card face down in defense mode and end with two face downs."
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:37 am

Seth grew his grin, seeing his opponent produce a monster of which he had loved so dear.

"A Cyber Dragon? I see we share a common bound."

He drew another card.

"Let's see here. Awww, here we are. I First Summon my Cyber Dragon Zwei!"

A metallica screech called out as sparks flew fromt he ground before seth, from it a large mechanical serpent emerged, staring down at the girl with hunger in it's cold eyes (1500 ATK).

"Now to flip summon my second Monster, my Proto-Cyber Dragon!"

A second serpent revealed itself, this one much more primative than the other (1100 ATK).

"Now for the fun to begin! I activate the effect of Zwei! By revealing one spell in my hand, I'm allowed to treat it's name as Cyber Dragon! I reveal Polymerization!"

His grin grew, the fun.....had arrived.

"I ACTIVATE POLYMERIZATION!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited   What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited Empty

Back to top Go down

What Rides in the Dark: 5Ds revisited
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next