Dark Eternity - X Omega
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Keys of the Kingdom

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xShanex
Admin

Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 5:44 am

He would have screamed. Honestly, every instinct Asher held in that nifty little thing he called a brain kept prompting him to do so, the agony of the burn against his skin and the overwhelming waves of shadows making it extremely difficult not to listen to them. But he didn't. He didn't scream once, because next to those instincts and the firing neurons inside that brain, sat the most powerful weapon of all: logic. This voice wasn't a threat, at least not like this. If it wanted them dead, it would have let them fall. Powerless, they would've had no choice but to splat onto the glass and leak away into history.

But it saved them.

As his body sunk down, just below the height of his shoulders, Asher closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath and blocking out the pain. It was all in the head, after all. The darkness swallowed him whole, but as he feared the choking of being submerged, he took in another breath of air.....and held it, his eyebrow quirking above closed eyes. He finally opened his right eye, peering around, finding himself and the others all safe upon the new glass floor.

Logic won again.

But the voice, oh how it was always there. It spoke to him, through him, into the back of his head. He could not look away from the door, or the phantom that stood in the place of the door. The small child had her hand pass through, but the questions remained the same. This was no longer a test, it was a survey. He rubbed his chin as he heard the choice, being able to answer the questions either out loud or in his head. He wouldn't mind answering out loud.....but some things were best to be kept to himself. In the same scenario or not, they were still strangers.

Who are you?

A simple enough question, and one he had already answered. Nobody around him had answered, and Asher wished to remain silent with them, but that option would only keep them there. He cleared his throat, and raised his hand slightly. "I'm, uhhh.....I'm Asher."

What do you like?

"I.....I like games...uhhh.....stars......ummmm......my hat..." his thoughts continued to trail off. His answering was more of necessity and less enjoyable.

What do you hate?

He said it softly, probably too low for even those next to him to hear, but he knew the non-voice would. "Answering questions..........being watched......being under pressure......"

What are your dreams?

That was such a strange question, but one he himself had asked so many times, and he honestly didn't have an answer. Well, not until right now. He didn't answer with his mouth, only with his heart. My dream.....is to have a dream. I want to find my way, to be needed..........wanted......

What are your fears?

Asher's face morphed down into a slight frown, passing a glance to his own two hands. This again would be a question he would not answered out loud......or at least, what he would've kept inside if his mouth did not answer almost on it's own will.

"I'm afraid I'll hurt someone again."

It was like he had heard his own voice through the ears of a stranger, and his eyes shot open in the shock like the stranger would have. He turned quickly to the group of new people, but then turned away. He hoped they didn't hear that, oh please let them not have heard that.
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:31 am

Ugh. He doubted he would ever get used to such a form of travel. It was almost like the shadows clung to his skin in a form of ooze as he stumbled to his feet once more with a rapid shake of his head. His blonde hair shook violently at his attempt to shake off the small amount of dizziness received from the movement; gracing his amber eyes upon the surrounding area with a brief hollow sigh. The very same voice chiming in his ears so slowly remained constant and swallowed him up with the questions; assaulting him with growing confusion. He had been thrown into many a situation, but nothing quite like this. Staring a door that just beckoned them all to answer and step through. To bypass it with answers about their life and hopes. Their very thoughts.

Who are you?

"Takato Rutherford."

Well, that was a simple one. He scratched his cheek with a silly little chuckle and glanced towards the others with a pondering note.

What do you like?

"Huh? A lot of things.."

A not so simple one; however maybe it was enough considering how he paused to think over something. He did take a look towards where his metal fingers toyed with themselves though. Almost as if reminding him that he certainly knew of things that he liked, they just happened to be pushed aside in his journeys recently. Like trying to learn new spells; or collect scrolls in hopes they would lead him to his objective.

What do you hate?

"Cats."

There was an edge to his voice unlike any other. A deep, stabbing tone that dripped with every last soulful feeling of hatred than one man could muster up. The sheer amount of venom built up in the back of his throat could have melted steel and made adorable bunnies burst into tears. If there was any way to say that one word and set it on fire at the same time; one could be damn certain that the Magi would of found it. He once knew someone that trained monkey-sized spiders to hunt and eat every cat in one hundred kilometres back at his old school. They had been the best of friends. He still missed that girl and ability to keep them away from him. Pity about her being a raging lunatic that decided fire and alcohol made the best custom spell ever when it came to entertaining an orphanage.

What are your dreams?

"To find something."

The finality of that statement made the door damn sure that was the end of it.

What are your fears?

He paused and sighed; closing his eyes.

To lose my magic or run out of time
Back to top Go down
https://darketernity.forumotion.net
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:06 am

"What?!" Zora hisses as she looked down at her feet, seeing the dark shadows starting to engulf and sink her body into what she thought was the everlasting Darkness as before. She struggles to no ends, trying to pull away as her strength alone wouldn't pull her away "Let me go!!!" She felt the shadows tugging and pulling, feeling as if it was crushing her every being before everything fell silent. Seeing the shining door in front of her and hearing the familiar voice, her eye twitched in annoyance sa she stood her ground.

Who are you?

"Zora..."

She wanted to just ignore the voice, but knowing the voice, it wouldn't shut up either way and would probably make things even worse.

What do you like?

Things she liked...? there were a lot that came up, but specifics didn't seem to cross her mind at all.

"Not a lot of things." she grumbles, getting semi irritated at the line of questioning.

What do you hate?

She glares at the door as Zora sighs. "Let's start with you, for instance...You're irritating me right now!"

What are your dreams?

"..."

What are your fears?

At this point, Zora facepalms and glares, not wanting to play his little game any longer. "Get me out of this weird ass hellhole, or else..." She threatens as she holds up her sword to the door. "Shut up and get us out of here!"
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Xander's eyes widened as he saw everyone around him sinking into darkness. It wasn't long before he was the same, being swallowed into the void. He acted on his first instinct, slashing at the darkness but unable to break free. He didn't stop trying to escape, until there was finally nothing left in him.

All around Xander was darkness. He couldn't see anything except a door in front of him. That was when he heard that voice again. He noticed the others around him. They were in the same place. Somehow, that was a relief. With a small sigh, he heard the voice asking him questions. He wasn't one to keep secrets, so he didn't mind saying it, especially if it meant things would end.

Who are you

Xander gave a small grin and said, "The name's Xander. What more to you need than that?" He didn't really want to take the time in giving a long speech since he had no idea where he even was or where he was going.

What do you like?

Xander looked down for a moment in thought, then looked up and said, "I love adventure and seeing new things. The more I can explore, the more I can grow. That and chocolate! I love chocolate!"

What ado you hate?

Xander frowned lightly and said, "I can't stand lies... or evil things. And I hate Bell Peppers!" He gave a small pout as he said the last part.

What are your dreams?

Xander smiled at that question. He spoke loudly and proudly. "I wanna be a hero that can fight for what he believes in. I'll protect everyone I care about! Just like..." He stopped there, closing his eyes as if lost in thought.

What do you fear?

Xander froze for a moment at that. He said nothing. He looked down before he softly said, "Not being good enough... Letting them down..."
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 3:52 am

That left only Ima to introduce herself, the door almost solid by the time she spoke up. "My name is-"

She was cut off. Oh I know who you are, little Joker. Your name is Ima Terran. You like colors and games and smiles and your friends. But I'm surprised that you didn't mention your family. Don't you like them too?

If Ima had real blood in her veins it would have run cold.

It was very interesting to get to know all of you. Good for future reference as well. I had no idea you were all so gullible and malleable. Such perfect little listeners. You followed my instructions to the dot, not a question more or a question less. And you didn't even question what I told you to do, despite the fact that you had all introduced yourselves beforehand...yes, very good.

The door solidified and swung open on its own. A bright light came from within, making it impossible to see where it led to. Now, if you would all be so good as to step through the door...

"But what's your name?" Ima asked, curious as ever.

The voice almost seemed surprised at that. After a pause it answered. Hmm. Well, I suppose that is fair. You were all so obedient, after all, a reward is truly the least I could do. You may call me...the Storyteller.

Now, step through the door and into the light...
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Rats in a trap. Hamsters on the wheel. These were the things the adventurers of the darkness had been reduced to. They were play things, nothing more, and the logic that had once been friend to Asher now turned his mind into an angry hive of bees, trying to sting their way out of his skull. He didn't let his face show the fear or the concern, but the voice would know. It would always know. He looked around, seeing nothing, hearing nothing, but it was there. There would be no strategy that couldn't be decoded before they entered the door. That left only one option:

To go in blind, and go in swinging.

He wasn't quite sure how he did it, but Asher's hand beckoned him to reach out into the open air before him, closing his fingers in the process. A flash of light came and went like a blitz of fireflies, leaving in it's wake the blade of the chance he had chosen, now in the form of the glowing sword cane of black and white his heart had demanded it take. The feel of the blade in his hand was unlike anything he had ever felt before, only now realizing it outside of the heat of battle. It was almost like he held nothing at all, the weapon leading off like an extension of his own body. It was fluid, like water, yet stood sturdy in the grip.

He felt the strength of the weapon, but but even with this tool by his side, he didn't feel the confidence most "warriors" would. He felt like he was entering the den of the lion with a point stick. Still, logic leaves traces of understanding in both the good and the bad, though he wasn't quite sure what this realization was. If he was doomed, he was doomed whether he entered the door or not. He only had to move forward, it was the only way. There was no back, there was no standing still.

He smirked a little on the inside, though. He thought he would enjoy having time away from his "gifts", but the old saying of "not knowing what you got 'til it's gone" never rang more true. Gifts and curses come in all forms.

The hat-wearing mystery turned to the rest of his companions-by-circumstance, shooting them a look either confidence or false bravado, then took his first steps forward. He grabbed the handle of the door, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. This was it.

He turned the knob, and pulled on the door....
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 3:31 am

To walk through a door.

That was all that they had to do. It was an amusing note for Takato as he adjusted his gloves and fixed them completely over his hands. He looked a little lost in thought as he pondered over the rest of the situation before this simple task; once again wondering the ramifications of the accepting what had happened up to this point in time. He could barely believe that things were going down such a route (even on the amount of crazy adventures he had). The eternal darkness around them seemed to highlight the foreboding situation; all masked by the floor beneath them and the almost glowing pitch of light beckoning them through the entrance.

"Let's go?"

He asked; glancing back before giving a shrug. His step was silence and his amber eyes only shown a hint of nervous air as he followed on through the door at last. He didn't know what to expect on the other side, nor could he work out what that voice actually was. To him it was just another trail for him to pass so he could go back home,

---

(Short as hell; but I'm rather tired and I don't think you guys wanna wait more~)
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:58 pm

"Why you....!!!!" She clenches her hands onto fists as she glares up above at the endless voice mocking them. "Come down here and say that to my face! I dare you! I'll rip you apart!" Her voice echoed to empty ears as she sighs, releasing the angry tension in her body. This 'Storyteller' was really pissing her off...yet at the same time, they would get nowhere if they didn't listen to his words, especially in an unknown place that doesn't seem liek it'll change anytime soon.

"I swear, I'll find you." Zora threatens as she saw the doorway of light. The mere sight of it was painful in contrast with the everlasting darkness surrounding them. She could feel the slight pressence of the Keyblade she obtained in her right hand as she began to walk closer to the opening of light. With a deep breath, she dashes into it, prepared to face whatever happens beyond that doorway.
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Xander wasn't bothered at all by the Storyteller. He didn't really care if he had been led to do so many things. Unlike the others, he was happy to share himself and glad that he got the sword. He only wondered if he was going to be able to keep it when he got back home. His eyes then looked at the door. All they had to do was go through it? Well he would have done it even if he hadn't been told, so knowing he was suppose to only made it that much better.

The light was almost blinding considering that they had been in darkness so long that their eyes weren't at all adjusted to it. Still, Xander's eyes were unblinking. He looked over at everyone else, some already beginning to walk into the light. He didn't want to be left behind after all of this. He started to run forward, calling out to all of them, "See you on the other side!" He was excited to start a bold new adventure in which anything could happen. Or at least that was what he believed at the time.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 1:48 am

"Hey, wait for me!" Ima protested as she followed her friends and the soon-to-be-friends into the door. It was bright enough that she had to close her eyes to pass through it, but when she did and opened her eyes again, she and all the others would find themselves in the same darkness as before, though the stained glass below had once again changed. This time it was a young woman with long black hair and a strange foreign garb, turquoise in color. Like the rest, her eyes were closed as she knelt down to pet a large tiger who seemed to be guarding her. Birds and suns and jewels surrounded her, and Ima had to wonder who exactly all of these woman on the stained glasses were. Were they real people?

Before she had a chance to pursue the thought more deeply the Storyteller spoke up. So to speak. There is a saying that you can't get something for nothing. Even here that holds true. You have been given powerful weapons to defend yourself with, and for these gifts you owe a great debt. A debt that I now intend to collect. I don't want munny, of course. The stuff is useless to me, and none of you have any on you regardless. No, what I want is something more...personal to each of you. Things that you may have noticed that I've already taken from you.

Takato, from you I have taken your magic. You are not simply out of mana, as you seem to believe you are. It is, in fact, gone, along with every spell you have ever had knowledge of. However, as it is I believe it will be necessary for you to have some sort of magic, so I will return a small amount to you, as well as three spells of your choosing. Choose wisely.

Zora, from you I have taken your curse. Its benefits and its drawbacks have all been removed from you, though your arm shall remain in the state that it is. Despite its looks, it is no different than your left in terms of strength or function. For all intents and purposes you are freed from your burden...though I must wonder if that is truly for the best.

Xander, from you I have taken your three most precious memories. Memories vital to you, memories that have made you into who you are today, memories so close to your heart that they were almost one in the same. You know what they are. Except, I suppose you don't anymore, do you?

Asher, from you...well, you will find out what I have taken soon enough, I'm sure.

As for Ima, from you I have taken two things. This is not out of any sort of unfairness, I assure you. The first that I have taken from you is your guns and your ability to have your blade take the form you desire, and that is in exchange for the blade itself. The second that I have taken from you is your gravity powers. I will return a small amount to you, though, solely for the fact that your hammer is quite heavy for someone your size. That is in exchange for this.

Ima blinked once, and there was a black-robed figure pushing something into her hand. She blinked again, and the figure was gone.

Do you know what this is?

She looked at her palm and her eyes went wide because she did.

Good. Keep it safe. You may need it one day.

The child put the gift into her pocket as the Storyteller went on. You may have noticed that you are lacking in certain powers or abilities or weapons that I have not claimed to have taken. I assure you that these will be returned to you upon leaving this place. Until then, you must use what is at your disposal, your blade, your courage, your inner light. You will need all three if you are to survive.

Now, I am a generous being by nature. The things that I have taken from you may one day be returned to you. Or perhaps they may not be. You can only wait and see and hope. I shall leave you to rest and think on these things. When you are ready, call upon me, and we shall continue with the first steps of your journey.

With that, the voice left them once again.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 4:18 am

Have you ever seen a human mind break before? Like, you know, everything that held them together coming apart and and the pieces crashing down at their feet? If the others hadn't witnessed this sight before, they had when the Storyteller spoke to Asher. It wasn't that he had things taken from him, the sudden realization that his particular set of skills and abilities were no longer present, with or without his accord, had proven that to him. Lifelong happenings were unable to follow him into this strange darkness. The problem was not knowing. He didn't know what was taken, and in fact, that voice had worded his telling in a way that made it even more sinister, and it knew it! Asher knew the game being played, his mind firing like pistons as he over-thought every detail, a bead of sweat streaking down his forehead from under his hat.

He didn't know.

He never didn't know.

He always knew.

He shot glances around to nowhere in particular, trying to get some kind of grip on his situation. He found nothing in the shadows, and even the soft glow of the cane sword in his hands couldn't comfort his erratic thought process. Was it his memories too?! Would he have forgotten Kaim and Jensen, his times with his friends at The Strahl? His memories from the walks on the Midnight Coast? Well, obviously not, as he recounted them. His hair was there, so was his hat, which he checked multiple times to make sure he wasn't fooling himself. Not knowing what was taken was eating him, and even if he didn't crack as hard as most would on the outside, on the inside he felt like his lungs were on fire, and he knew the Storyteller could sense it too.

Sicko.
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:51 am

Takato froze.

Did this voice even understand what that meant? The beginning of those words nearly had the Magi have a heart attack; lifting his hand to stare at it with a rapidly paling face. You couldn't take Magic from a Magical Creature without serious consequences. Most died in horrible ways, others went mad and a lucky few simply exploded immediately. Only the rest of those haunting lines calmed him down; or ceased his growing fit. He took a step back and noted that his bare metal palm let loose a small glow; as it had oh-so long ago. Only; this glow was sickeningly green. Emerald even. It lasted for a short breath and the amber eyed young man looked up at where the voice had faded. For the first time in a long time; he felt mad. No, not mad. Not even angry. He felt frustrated.

Fight... Cling to life...

Words strung across his mind as the knowledge he had personally picked returned to him. Three spells. Three spells that he had learnt over the walk of his life. Each one having a use and each one having been used to do many a thing. They had been stolen away by this being...and yet given back to him. He felt sick. Iaculatio Fulgoris. The spell only known as "Lightning Spears" to the English tongue. The casting of this spell formed many large and powerful bursts of electricity and wind to launch at the enemy like throwing barbs. A handy spell that drained him to use; but still very valuable nonetheless. Followed that was a simple pick. Calx Parietis. A mere D-class spell that was useful to him no matter how others viewed it. The very nature of this power; "Stone Wall" did exactly as it was called. It formed a stone wall from the ground beneath his feet and could be used as a shield. Finally, there was his last pick.

The very same spell that he knew, for certain, his hand had somehow used on those black 'creatures' moments ago.

"You nearly killed me. You know that?"

Takato sounded serious. His tone hadn't changed. Directed at the voice long gone.

A sickly, oozing green glow shuddered along his arms and he shook his head; following along.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:32 am

The words that slowly sank into them all about each of the confused and rather frighten people made Zora freeze and stare at the endless dark abyss around them. Her arm twitches from his words, trembling as if the demon half was trying to react. Yet it wasn't demon at the moment, was it...? EVen she was confused what her arm is at this point.

Zora touches the grainy dark skin of her right arm with her human left half, running her fingers down it as it felt...almost unnatural. She couldn't feel any power flowing through it...anything unusual....It felt as if it was her own flesh and blood. A normal arm that doesn't react like a cursed arm would....an arm that was perfectly human aside from the actual look of it. She should be happy...glad that this thing was gone from her life....for now....but is she? She oculd sense a horrible emptiness in her mind as her hands reaches the edges of what the curse spread - so close to the nape of her neck as she grinds her teeth in annoyance. Was it the empty feeling...or was it the hatred of being manipulated so easily by this mysterious Storyteller...?

"You....treating us like we're your playthings...What, are you going to just match us up and have our future kids come and attack us or something!? What the hell do you want!? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS! ANSWER ME!" She shouts as she wanted to attack soemthing....anything at this point...it doesn't help she was dangerously close to three punching bags.
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:56 am

A hand went to Xander's head as he thought about the words the voice spoke. He took some of Xander's memories? How could that be right? He tried to think. He realized he couldn't remember his last name. He didn't know his family at all. There was something else, but he didn't even know what it was.

Xander gave a sigh. What he had was gone, he couldn't change that right now. If he had the chance to do so later he would take it, but he couldn't cry over spilled milk. He clenched his fist and said, "So what if I lost anything? It won't stop me one bit!" It was like he was daring the Storyteller to do more. He knew that the rest were in distress but he hoped that what he said could help them. "Whatever we lose, we'll get it back! If we can't, we'll get something better! So you can keep it all!"
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:53 pm

OKAY ALL ANNOUNCEMENT. So it's been about four months since we started this and we're still in the game's prologue, so let's make a rule. When it's your turn to post, you have exactly ONE WEEK to do so before I ask the person after you to post. I understand that people get sick and people get busy, but still. The PROLOGUE. Your character will not be left behind or left out if you miss your post, so please don't think that and jump right back in when it's back to you. I'm sorry if this is annoying, but again, PROLOGUE.

And now back to your regularly scheduled RP.

Keep it all, you say? You may want to keep your tongue, little Jack, for I don't think all the others will agree with you.

The voice was suddenly there, its strange and invisible presence lingering at the back of their minds once again. Now I know that I said I would wait until you called me before we continued, but I find myself ever so impatient as of late. And to answer your questions; yes, little Queen, I was aware, and because, little King, no story is complete without a plot twist.

The was a sudden bright flash of light, and they were once again on a different stained glass floor. This one had yet another girl, a blonde woman in a purple dress holding a rose to her chest, briars and thorns surrounding her. She seemed as if asleep, but if her expression were to go by then her dreams were not pleasant ones.

Ima barely had time to contemplate the change or to think of comforting her friends when a darkness at the corner of her vision caught her eye. It was one of the creatures from earlier, the ones who emerged from the shadows. Another appeared beside that one, and another beside that, until the group completely surrounded by even more creatures than there had been the first time. The alien's hammer appeared in her hand without her prompting.

Now, let's make you all a bit more experienced, shall we?

The creatures charged towards them.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:21 pm

Was this the way it intended to take them out? The grand scheme of this faceless creator that would be the eventual downfall of them all? He called it "experience", but there was never a thing this voice spoke that had straight forward context to it. Was there really a point to fighting in all of this? Asher scanned the approaching waves of black creatures, seeing that there was no parting to them. Even fi there was, where would they go? As far as he was concerned, this "storyteller" would have them fight for their lives until it felt amused, and then would end them itself.

"Wah?!"

But enough with the serious stuff. Asher snapped back into the moment, coming down from his cloud above the action and right into his own body. He jolted his head around at the creatures once more, and then to the people who were unfortunate enough to find themselves in this scenario with him. He wanted to help them, and even secretively kind of wanted them to help him in return, but the moment he turned his back would be the moment he would be struck. Asher brought the glowing cane up to his side, taking a firm grasp on the blade hilt portion.

The first shadow jumped with a fury! Asher's mind fired at a shocking pace, looking over the trajectory of the attacker rocketing toward him. With a stumble he dodged to the left, swinging out the blade from the cane so that it stood straight across the face of the shadow, slicing it in-half based on the momentum of the creature! Asher wobbled as he tried not to trip on his own feet, falling to one knee for a moment before rolling to the left, dodging a second attack attempt by a shadow he didn't actually see. Using his roll to boost force, Asher drew the blade again and stuck it into the belly of a shadow in his path, swinging it through the cloud of smoke it burst into and down onto the head of the shadow he had dodged! With a quick swipe he returned the weapon back to the cane, taking a moment to breathe.

Only three.

He had only taken out three and he was already feeling the pain of anxiety weighing down on him. He held that brown hat to his head like he would hold onto life, taking in a deep breath, and then another, trying to think of the best options to take. Thing is, there was only one. That option was to fight, and without it on his side, he might as well continue to swing blindly.

He hoped the others were handling this better than he was.
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 pm

"No time to argue. Here we go again..."

Takato backed off and made the motion to clap his hands together in the usual spellcasting stance; only to pause at the last second. Three spells. That wasn't enough for a Magi; even one with drained Mana. He only hoped whatever supposed 'gift' he had been given before would assist him in the place of his forgotten knowledge. Still, three spells were three more than the others currently knew. Better than nothing. "Parietis Tribuo Vita Pro Mihi, Exsisto Existo..." His lips parted with the latin words as he charged forward; only to skid to a stop before two of the stalking creatures and slam his hands into the "glass-like" floor. The air shuddered and electricity crackled between his fingers; surging into the ground with the sound of something shattering. "Calx Parietis."

A single wall formed in a flash of light - somehow from a false copy of the same material that the very "existence" beneath them was made from. It obviously caught the targets of his aggression off-guard for a moment; causing them to push up against it hauntingly and leer with hunger. Sadly; they wouldn't have much time to do that. The following loud sound was that of his metal fist meeting the wall and busting straight through it in a newly formed hole. His surging palm grasped the twitching head of the surprised shadowy creature and sharply dug fingers straight into what little mass that it had. Then; it happened. That same eerie green glow from before briefly flickered over the cold nature of the false limb and vanished seconds later - just as the creature burst violently.

"Yikes; No residue. Yoma, maybe?" He watched it fade in satisfaction before roughly yanking his "steel" arm out of the created wall of supposed glass. The very same wall which quickly melted and turned to nothingness as he shot forward to meet the second creature in combat. He struck out with his real hand with a well-thrown strike the closer he neared it; only to watch the monster bend around as if he was hitting air. It wasn't fast or even nimble; it...just appeared to 'ignore' his blow entirely with a unexplained movement of physics. So; he tried again. "Yaaaah!" His leg rapidly shot out with a kick in a sloppy attempt to hurt it with brute force. Only, the same reaction repeated itself. He couldn't hit it. He just simply couldn't hit it. Admittedly he wasn't very skilled when it came to close-combat (barely being above that of an untrained fighter); but something like this simply wasn't normal.

His amber eyes narrowed and he quickly jumped away in pain; cursing at realizing his error. A bruise formed on his torso beneath his clothes; his head shaking away the dizziness from the unblocked blow received by the creature. "Dang. Hits hard for such a little guy. Still..." Takato stopped and slowly raised his metal arm in gesture towards his attacker. He could see it; pooling into a ooze of black in an attempt to get near him. It wouldn't get the chance. His palm bled colorless light for a split second; only to reveal the swallowing unblinking "eye" sitting perfectly positioned on the metal 'skin' that made up his limb. He left said arm up and extended for several moments; watching as a claw suddenly burst forth from the shadowy mass to attack him.

It burst into nothingness like it's brethren the second they touched.

A bead of sweat dripped from his forehead and he let loose a brief sigh; feeling unusually tired for such small exertion. His stare never left his arm; watching the gaze looking back at him blink out of life.

"I...see.."

Ugh. Bad pun.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:45 pm

"Tch...more of these...I'm getting tired of this game!"

Zora saw the blade forming in her hand as she grabs a hold of it, waiting for the shadow monsters to approach her. IF anything, it wouldn't be any harder than when she first fought these creatures earlier when they obtained their weapons in the beginning.

"Take this!" she shouts, bringing her weapon down upon one of the creatures nearing her. However, the moment she began the swing, her eyes widened in shock. The moment it struck down onto the glass stained floor, ocmpletely missing the little bugger by a mile, she quickly jumps back to gain distance. The sword she held in her right arm felt...heavy. It wasn't like this when she first got it. Again, she tries to bring the sword up into a swing stance, but her arm felt weakened and barely able to lift it up again. Was it because this arm was cursed before...? No, that wouldn't make sense. She was confused, yet she couldn't have any time to think about it.

"Damn it!" she hisses, dodging away at the incoming shadow beasts, dragging the heavy keyblade with her as she holds onto it with both hands. One of the monsters jumped as she uses up her strength to swing with all her might quick enough to hit the monster at last, having it disapper in puff of smoke. Even then, Zora staggered a bit from the unusual weight of the blade. "This isn't going to be fun...is it...?"
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:14 pm

Xander looked at the creatures ahead of him with a glare. He then turned to his hand and saw the kodachi blade reappear. He gave a small grin as he said, "Keep setting em up and I'll just keep knocking them down!" He ran forward, swinging his blade, but his swing and sword style were all different from before. His movements were slower and the creatures were able to move into the ground to avoid it. One of them move behind him, lunging out and slashing his back with a scratch. It caused Xander to turn around with a glare.

"Why is this so hard? Was it like this before? Can't... remember..." he was thinking aloud and it didn't take long to realize he didn't remember how to fight. His eyes widened for a moment as the blade almost disappeared. He was afraid, but at the same time he knew he had to do this. He gripped the sword, causing it to solidify as he swung it again. This time was faster though the technique was still amateur at best. But it was effective enough to destroy one of the hostile shadows into smoke.

With a small grin he started to move to them, one after the other. He had to make up his movements as he went along, spinning and running at all of them one by one as he was slowly teaching himself what to do through muscle memory and determination to survive. "You can't take me down!" he called out.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 2:56 am

With a good deal of effort, Ima lifted her hammer and smashed it down on one of the shadow's head. At least, she tried. The creature dodged out of the way before it was hurt, leaving the weapon to smack uselessly against the floor. Ima tried again. And again. And yet again. Each attempt had the same result as the first, and the girl found herself missing her gun already.

Slightly frustrated, the child used what minimal gravity powers she had left to swing her hammer faster and harder, but the creature still wasn't hit. Ima huffed and pouted a bit, but paused when she noticed it and some of the other creatures unnaturally still, not even their antennae twitching. Curious, she tried swinging at the closest one, and hit it no problem. It vanished in a cloud of darkness. Apparently she could somehow stun them with a gravity-powered strike to the ground. She filed that information away as she took care of the others, then observed the scene. There were still so many creatures left...

I imagine that's enough, don't you?

The creatures suddenly froze in their tracks and vanished as if they were never there to begin with. Startled, Ima looked around for where they might have gone, but they were nowhere to be found. What she did find was a circle of light in the middle of the floor. The brightness seemed to somehow come from above, but when she looked up to determine a source she could find none, the light simply born from the darkness.

This is a save point. While they won't save your progress, they may in fact save your life. Step into the circle and the light will restore your health and magic. Be warned, however, as these points are rarer than you may think.

The spotlight began to move, though the circle of light on the ground remained. At the end of the platform the spotlight vanished, and a stairway of stained glass appeared in its stead step by step. Move along and take care, now. We've almost reached the end of the beginning...
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 4:39 am

What was this power? Where had it come from? Had it always existed?

Asher asked these questions to himself, watching as the shadows around him froze, a black claw just inches from his face before stopping in time in the same way characters on the screen halt at a button press, and evaporated into the air.He let out that breath he had been holding in, though he never dropped his guard. The others may have been pacified by the clearing of the threat and the staircase, the words of encouragement that this was almost over, but the logic in Asher's head wouldn't let him be so foolish. Those stairs could fall out, those promising circles of light could hold you forever. Even the phrase "the end of the beginning" stirred him in the worst way. Asher silently eyed the others in the group, not knowing what they were thinking. Still, there was nowhere to go but forward. Asher kept a grip on the cane at his side, refusing to let his only form of defense go. He wasn't that good with it, but it still was better than nothing.

He shook his head with disbelief in what he was about to do, and then pushed forward. There was no magic to regain, no fatigue to his health. He moved right for the staircase, tapping his cane on the bottom step before ascending. doing the same for each step.
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 5:29 am

Takato stepped into the aura of light the second that such was described; taking solace in the healing energy with a sigh. One could imagine a little blue bar raising rapidly until completion in his mind; leaving him with a more recharged mana source than previously. It didn't repair what was completely lost to him at the moment; but he could still cast at the very least. His fingers twitched as he raised his metal hand and watched small flickers of electrical discharge spark between each fingertip. Strange. The healing nature of this magical point was almost like that was a Mana Potion or Cura. Handy to have; even if not portable. Where did it come from? Why exactly was it here? "How was this even created..?" He mumbled to himself before breaking off to quickly follow along.

It was rather amusing to note that he had to do a small jump to reach certain steps because of his size. The only one with even smaller height disadvantage than himself was Ima and she didn't appear to be having any trouble whatsoever. A small unseen pout spread across his lips as he gave another sigh.

Dang it.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 3:31 am

The moment that the monsters vanished and Zora knew there was no more immediate threat, she nearly collapses out of exhaustion, gripping onto her knees as she bent over and pants, trying to catch her breath. Swinging a sword was much mroe troublesome than it should have been...Was it because the curse was gone? Normally, her right arm wouldn't even be human anymore....could that be it?

She raises her head, seeing the circle of light as she stands back up, sighing heavily as she walks up to the circle, feeling it revitalizing herself as she lets out a small sigh of relief. Seeing the glass stairway in front of her made her twitch in annoyance. "Seriously....do we really have to follow this guy....? He's just manipulating us like puppets..." she grumbles as she turns to Asher and Takato, seeing them advance as she sighs heavily, shaking her head as she reluctantly follows.
Back to top Go down
Lone Hero

Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 7:56 am

Xander gave a small pout as he saw all the creatures around him disappear even before he could attack them all. He crossed his arms as the sword disappeared. "It was just getting to the good part!" he called out. Even though he was still learning how to swing a sword properly and fight, he still enjoyed it, even if he couldn't remember why anymore.

He turned and saw the green circle. The idea of "saving" anything was beyond his understanding. It sounded like something out of a video game. But there were already a lot of things around him he would never be able to understand so he decided to just go with it. With a smile he walked to the circle, seeing the slight fatigue and injuries that he sustained in the battle fading from his body and the sensations he had felt being recorded into his memory. He never had the best memory so it was a strange thing.

After that he saw the place everyone else was going to in the spotlight. He realized that this was probably the last he would see of any of them, but at the same time he knew all good things had to come to an end. He walked up behind them with his hands behind his head as he said, "Guess I won't really be seeing you guys after this..." He felt like the odd guy out, the one who didn't know anyone. He didn't even know himself anymore. Something about it was quite... lonely. Still, he kept his smile as best he could.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 9:46 pm

"Aw, why?" Ima asked Xander, staring at him sadly as she stepped into the save point. "I wanna get to know you and Asher better!" She couldn't think of any reason why the five of them wouldn't stay together. After all, this was just the beginning of their adventures, as the Storyteller said.

She was distracted from her sadness as she stepped fully into the circle of light. Not only did she immediately feel a lot less tired, she felt more awake than she had in a long time. It was a difference that wouldn't be clear to many, but it was to her, and the realization was astounding. She filed the information away with all the other curiosities she had, and bounded after her friends and friends-to-be, hopping between steps with an amused giggle.

Eventually the stairway of stained glass ended at the top of a pillar, where there was another picture. The girl was a beauty, dressed in an elaborate golden ballgown and poised to curtsey to some unseen gentlemen. Strangely, she was surrounded by things like cups and silverware.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.

Ima looked down, and found that her shadow was growing. Everyone's were, reaching out away from the ones who cast them and joining together to create one massive humanoid shadow.

And then it rose.

The creature that emerged from the shadows was huge, whatever it was. It easily dwarfed all of them, at least 50 feet tall with ease, though it was hard to give an exact estimate, hunched over and floating a few feet off the ground as it was. It was entirely black, like the little ones they had been fighting before, and looked to be made out of the same darkness. Even the eyes were the same, beady and yellow and soulless. Its right arm was far larger than its left, with a hand that seemed like it had claws rather than fingers. Its left arm was not quite an arm at all, but a long, thin blade that began at its elbow. There were large protrusions that resembled skeletal wings from its back, and in the middle of its chest was a hollow resembling a heart.

The child stepped back, purely out of surprise, and found herself flailing to keep her balance so she wouldn't fall over the edge. Once she was safely stable she looked over her shoulder to find that the stairs from before were no longer there. They were trapped.

But don't be afraid.

The creature's right hand glow with dark electricity, and it punched down at the five, intent on destroying them all.

And don't forget...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Keys of the Kingdom - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keys of the Kingdom
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next