Dark Eternity - X Omega
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokemon - A Land of Choices

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

Pokemon - A Land of Choices Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:36 am

Original title is original....

Dee sighed in relief as she saw Ecruteak City. It was about time that they got here, in her opinion. It felt like they had been traveling forever. Though that was probably just her body talking. Logic and the laws of time both agreed that it hadn't been nearly that long.

Either way, she passed through the traditional looking gate feeling very happy that she was finally there.

Then she gave a sigh when she remembered WHY she was there in the first place. To battle another Gym Leader. Joy of joys. She didn't even want to be a trainer. Why was it she let herself get pulled into this again?

She realized she was messing with her Zephyr Badge necklace and suddenly remembered why.

Ugh.

The chubby girl then set off to find the Pokemon Center...
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:45 am

A figure walked along the road of Ecruteak City, a rucksack slung over shoulder. His sharp green eyes blinked lightly from the rays of the sun, his white hair falling over his features. Six normal red Pokeballs were clipped to his belt, each one holding a blue star on it. This gave it away instantly that he was a trainer.

"Another Gym up to bat. I best get some extra training and healing in before I head on over.." He muttered to himself, heading towards a Pokecenter without another word. He already had three badges since he had arrived to this country, so he was looking forward to getting another. That he was.

Back to top Go down
https://darketernity.forumotion.net
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:31 am

"Wahhh!!! We're finally back in Ecrueteak City!!!"

A bouncy, happy-go-lucky blue haired girl ran past the gate as she turned around, waving. "Oiiii!!!" She called out. "Absol, Zora, hurry up!"

An Absol bounded forward, catching up to the girl as another blue haried girl walked up, scratching the back of her head.

"Jeez, what's so great about Ecruteak City, anyways?" She mutterd under her breath.

"Come on! Let's head over to the Burned Tower!" She plead at Zora, hopping up and down. "Pleaaaaasseee!!!!"

"No." Zroa shot down, to which the girl whined in frustration. "First thing is first: Pokemon Center, Gym, THEN the Tower."

"Fine..." She pouted as they made their way to the pokemon center.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:48 am

"Your Pokemon will be ready in no time, please just wait for a while."

Dee nodded in thanks as she went to do what she was told. She liked Nurse Joys. They were always so kind and caring...even if the did all look like clones produced from a factory. Like the Officer Jennys, but they scared her a bit.

She juggled one of her three empty Pokeballs in her hands as she waited for her Pokemon to be healed. Dee wondered how things were going on back home...did her parents miss her? Her teacher? Anyone?

She hoped they didn't.

Still, the girl reasoned while she would give them a call. Knowing them, they missed her terribly. And she knew for a fact that she did.

Dee began to walk over to the video phones...only to end up bumping into someone as she walking there and fall over. She looked at the person she ran into.

"Erm, sorry, I wasn't paying attention..."

Last edited by Dimly on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:01 am

"No worries."

The white haired boy smiled softly and held out his hand, his dark green eyes gazing at her. His eyes flashed down to meet the Pokeballs she had with her, a grin running across his lips. He made a note to himself to ask her for a battle later on, his voice echoing,

"Are you okay? You look kinda' worried."
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:15 am

"Come on, hurry up so we can go to the tower! D:" The blue haired girl said as she rushed past the doors while Absol and Zora walked.

"Oi, if you don't slow down' you'll-"

CRAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

The girl crashed into white haired boy that was helping Dee up.

"-crash into someone..." Zora finished before she adn Absol facepalmed themselves.

"ow ow ow ow owwwwwww...." the girl muttered, rubbing her head before she gasped. "Oh my god, are you ok?! I'm sorry!"
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:28 am

Dee just looked on in surprise at the scene, figuring that the guy's offer was now invalid seeing as he was now in need of the same assistance. She stood up on her own, forgetting the question he was asking her, and offered the same courtesy to both of them.

She took a glance at the person facepalming and the Absol. A relative and her Pokemon, perhaps? Or simply a traveling partner?

She mentally scolded herself. What was the point of thinking about that? It wasn't as if she was going to get to know them so it wouldn't matter at all.

"Erm, need a hand?" She said as she turned her attention to the two fallen people.
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:36 am

The teenage boy chuckled and grinned, standing up with her help as he scratched his head in embarrasment. "Well, that was a rush. Was it good for you too?" He laughed and then put his hands in his pockets, his green eyes glowing in the light. "I'm Shintei Ragana, nice to meet you."

Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:12 am

The girl laughed sheepisly before being pulled by her hair up by Zora.

"OWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! Zora, taht hurts!!!!" she cried before Zora let go.

"That's what you get for rushing in liek taht, Zeiya..." Zora said to her before turning to the white haired boy. "I'm Zora Matsuno. This doofus over here is Zeiya Hisaki." She said, pointing to the girl behind her who was currently rubbing the back of her head.

"You're so mean ;A;"
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Dee was about to introduce herself when someone else indirectly did it for her. "Dee Dove? Your Pokemon are ready."

She nodded at the trio to excuse herself for a moment. She went over to the Nurse Joy near the front desk, who was holding three Pokeballs. "We hope to see you again!" The Joy said with a smile.

Dee had always found that line to be somewhat odd...

The teen simply took the three Pokeballs and gave a polite nod. "Thank you." She added, knowing that sometimes she could come across as rude. She had been told that her neutral face, as she called it, didn't look all that neutral.

She then put the Pokeballs in her backpack and walked back over to the others. "Um, if you didn't hear that my name's Dee Dove. Nice to meet you."

No my last name is not Dove. I did choose it for a reason though, two actually. Any guesses? XD
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:37 pm

"Hey, you're Pokemon Trainers too, huh?" grinned Shintei as he unclipped a Pokeball of his belt and gave it a step, pushing open the exit from the Center before continuing. "Well, how bout we have a battle? I've been wanting to train for the next gym leader, so this might be the best thing for it."

His green eyes flashed, the smile on his face becoming cheeky,

"I don't mind battling three people. So, how 'bout it?"
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin
Zora

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:46 pm

"Eh?" Zora said as she raised her eyebrow. "A three versus one? That's a little overboard, isn't-"

"Nope!" Zeiya said, crossing her arms to form an X as she pout. "Zora's gonna go beat the Gym leader so we can go to the Towers! I don't wanna waste more time!"

".........." Zora merely facepalmed at her blue haired friend.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:03 pm

"Nya?" Dee said in surprised. Then she mentally berated herself for still having that habit. "Erm, a battle? Thanks, but I don't really-"

She was going to go on before there was a sudden flash of red in her vision. Looking over, she saw that her Bayleef had come out of the Pokeball of her own accord...again. Why was she always doing that?

"What are you-"

"Bay bay bay!"

"You heard him? But I really-"

"Ba bay bay ba lee!"

"But I don't want to-"

"Bayleef!"

"I know you want to, but-"

"Bay."

"...Fine, you win."

"Baaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"

She recalled the rejoicing Pokemon before turning to Shintei and giving an apologetic smile. "Sorry about that, seems I don't have much choice. Let's battle then..." She began walking to the doors of the Center, motioning for him to follow. "I saw a place near the city enterance that could work."

No, she can't understand Pokemon. But she knows her own well enough to guess, and knows a lot about Pokemon behavior.
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Small time skip....

Shintei stood with one hand in his pocket, while another held up the Pokeball from before, tossing it up and down in his hand. His green eyes gave a shine and he grinned lightly, his voice echoing. "Considering this a training match, let us have a three on three. Last man standing wins!"

Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Dee nodded, not missing his excitement. He must really like being a trainer...she wished that she could share the sentiment.

"Okay." Was all Dee said as she began reaching for one of her Pokeballs. The girl took a quick glance at her surroundings befre she chose, however.

The area was a good sized grassy field, tree surrounding them at a distance except for two parts North and South of them. The only trees that were really close enough to them to have any real effect on the battle were three Apricorn trees in the center. Still, they weren't big enough yet to do much other than produce Apricorns, so any effect would most likely be small.

She also wasn't really looking forward to climbing that ledge they had jumped down to get there.

"Since you're so eager" the teen said jokingly as she pulled out a Pokeball "you can go first. Come on out, Ophelia!"

In a flash of red the Bayleef from before appeared, looking very pleased.

Her trainer then proceded to take of the jacket around her waist, put it on, sit down, and put her arms in the opposite sleeves. It was a battling habit she had picked up, more out of necesity than anything else.

"Ready when you are." Called Dee to her opponent.
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Bayleef, huh? Not a bad choice, considering he didn't have a certain type on him. But, he did have a Pokemon that could help. Shintei grinned and eyed the Bayleef before holding up the Pokeball, letting loose a call before he threw out into the field. "Lets do this, Leonidas."

A small form phased alive from the Pokeball, two deep red eyes snapping open. Small wings flapped, a small screech echoing as a crooked, yellow beak pointed to the sky. It was a Murkrow, nicknamed Leonidas by the Ragana.

"Muuuuurkrooooow!"

&&&&&&&&

OOC: Shintei will be using Pokemon I use on HG, but on a lesser level. For example, I use a Honchkrow named Leonidas quite a bit in game. Yet, at this moment in time it would still be a Murkrow. Expect it to evolve later, thanks a Dusk Stone.

Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:24 pm

Dee ran off Murkrow's types off the top of her head. It was a Dark/Flying type, and the latter part meant that Grass types moves wouldn't be very effective. And Flying would be very bad for Ophelia.

Still, they had won against birds before.

"Ophelia, start with Magical Leaf." Dee told her Pokemon, who complied with a swing of her head, sending many glowing leaves towards the opponent.

By the way, I thought I should just through out that you don't have to have just 4 moves like the games. Any objections?
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:57 pm

"Quickly, fly into the sky and get out of the way!" ordered Shintei as he sliced a hand through the air. His Murkrow gave a cry and was wrapped in a turbulent whirlwind, becoming a blur as it danced around the sky to get away from the attack. Yet, it didn't seemed finished as it turned to glare down upon the Bayleef with crimson eyes,

"Now, Mean Look!"

In a flash that glare turned into a nightmare, two beams of non-damaging energy blasting outwards from the two eyes at the Bayleef. Takato grinned and pointed directly at Dee, his dark green eyes shining. "Your Bayleef has more power than Leonidas, and your Magical Leaf attack is a smart move against such a fast opponent. Yet, my Murkrow has the entire sky as his domain."

&&&&&

OOC: In the Anime, "Mean Look" can look like a simple glare, to energy waves. Much like the games, it stops Pokeballs from returning the Pokemon, and isn't just fear based.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:43 am

Dee just wondered why Shintei had bothered with Mean Look. Perhaps his Murkrow knew Perish Song? If so, a clever tactic, but she knew better than to assume it to be fact. No matter what the reason, the damage was done, and Ophelia couldn't be returned.

If Leonidas was going to stay in the sky, out of range from even Magical Leaf, there wasn't much that could be done. They would just have to wait it out.

"Ophelia, Sunny Day." The trainer told her Bayleef. Ophelia complied, raising her head to the sky, a sort of white orb forming where her eyes looked. It grew, and then shot up past Leonidas to the sun, making its rays seem twice as bright.
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:24 am

"Heh." grunted Shintei with a smile, scratching his cheek. He struck a pose and then glanced up at his Murkrow, his green eyes flashing with a plan. "You've just gave me a rather good hand with Sunny Day. Do you know why I used Mean Look? Allow me to show you! Leonidas, use Heat Wave!"

The small Murkrow gave a screech and began to flap its wings, a heavy wind picking up. In a matter of moments an intense heat had set in, flames launching outwards at the Bayleef with far more power than it should have, thanks to Sunny Day increasing fire based attacks.

"Muuurkrooooow!"
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:53 am

"Ancient Power!" Dee cried out quickly.

Ophelia did so surprisingly fast, realizing the danger if she didn't. The Bayleef seemed to glow with a powerful aura before the ground tore open in front of her, and several boulders of great sizes floated up, covered in the same glow as the Bayleef.

But instead of heading towards Leonidas, the rocks came together in a makeshift sort of shield. The Heat Wave hit it instead of its intended target.

Dee gave a sigh of relief as Ophelia was unharmed, and the Pokemon sent the rocks off in an attempt to hit the Darkness Pokemon.

But then Ophelia's trainer dug her nails into her skin, hidden under the jacket sleeves and scowled at nothing. She hated this. The girl truly couldn't understand the pleasure people got from this kind of thing.

She HATED battling.
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:19 pm

"Yaaa-hoooo!"

Shintei grinned and threw up his fist, watching as the Murkrow was hit by the attack before slamming into the earth. Seconds later, the small bird shot back into the air with a slight scarred wing, a rather deep smile along its sharp yellow beak. It seemed to be having just as much fun as its trainer, choosing to gaze down upon the Bayleef with crimson wanton eyes,

"Now, let loose with a Confuse Ray!"
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Dee felt slightly amused at the stark contrast between herself and Shintei. At least the vast majority of the people battling enjoyed it. Still, she snapped out of her amusement when she heard her opponent's order. "Ophelia, watch-"

But it was too late. The Confuse Ray had hit its target, leaving her completely bewildered. She started to run around aimlessly, and ended up hitting one of the Apricorn trees.

Her trainer would have facepalmed, but having her arms in her sleeves, simply settled for hanging her head in exasperation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon - A Land of Choices   Pokemon - A Land of Choices Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon - A Land of Choices
Page 1 of 1