Dark Eternity - X Omega
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
xShanex
Admin

Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:29 am

A few cats flew away, but as the saying goes, they all landed on their feet. Raven took great pace blocking the strikes with his weapon, trying to avoid injuring the species. The pack creeped in closer and closer, crouched and ready to strike. With no-lethal actions, there wasn't much they could do.

Then the ground shook. The cats looked behind them, backing down a bit. Something was behind them, something big. A loud voice boomed as a laugh rumbled the plains, clearing the area with the sheer power of intimidation.

Raven turned, his gray eyes no longer widened, but narrowing in foul intent. Burning horns pointed skyward, every step from it's four clawed feet shaking the ground. Fire began to crawl over it's body, piercing red eyes loooking down on them.

The King had arrived.

"Well, it seems you two are more of a nuissance than I had expected. I expectd my troops to make quick work of you. Your powers are something I have not seen before, young girl. However, you....."

A large clawed-finger pointed out at Raven, triggering a growl from him in return.

"Your powers, your style, I know it all too well. I have faced a warrior greater than yourself long ago, and he failed. You have no chance."

Another laugh followed.

Raven's eyes casted down to the ground, his fist clenching. The bright colors around them seemed to seep and darken. The earth below them shook slightly, even a crack or two racing through the ground.

"That warrior......was my Father......and the other was my Brother....and the woman was my Mother...and the rest....were my friends...."

Rad energy ran over the ground and up over his body, mixing in with a black chaotic burst. His face turned up, equally red eyes looking onto the king.

"My name is Raven Blair, the Oracle Village's Crimson Beast. You slaughtered veryone I knew, destroyed everything I called home. For this, I will have your head."

The king chuckled at the attempt, the fire on his body growing wilder, some even reaching out, forming into what appeared to be wings. He held out a hand, fire exploding out in a wicked blast, forming into a shape before hardening, a vile fire-red and orange sword now in his grasp, larger than Raven five times over.

"I'd like to see you try, cretin."
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:41 am

...What was a cretin?

Ima shook her head. This was NOT the time.

She remembered thinking that he had looked interesting when she first saw him, but seeing him up close...he was kind of scary. The giant red sword didn't particularly help. Still, she also found herself just as curious, if not more so, as the first time.

The alien made no noise, but lessened Raven's gravity and her own while simply staring at the king.

She would let Raven have the first blow.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:46 am

Raven harnessed his rage, jumping up as hard as he could slashing up with his sword with a savage yelled, only to be swatted out of the air like a fly. He crashed down to the earth, a small crator forming, before he stood up again.

"AHHHHH!!!!!"

A second leap and a second slash, this time harder than before, but was only fated to be blocked by the claws of the king, followed by a flash of fire from his knuckle, once again engulfing Raven and rocketing him into the ground.

"This is it?! This is all you have?"
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:00 am

Ima wasn't sure if that counted as a first blow, but decided to join in anyways.

She rocketed around to the back of the king's head before firing as many shots to said head as fast as she could. Even if it wasn't that effective, it would serve as a minor distraction.

The alien also gave him gravity's burden, and hoped that would do something. He was strong, that much was obvious, but they'd pull through.

They always did.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:06 am

The king took the shots to the back of the head with minor frustration. It hurt, but not as abd as expected. Gravity seemed to have no power upon him as he turned without any issue.

"Your power has no place here, girl!"

A large arm swung an even larger sword, the blade looking to cleaver Ima right in two.

Smoke rose from the crator Raven landed in, still no sign of him. Just as all seemed lost, a overburst of crimson and black energy rose from the hole like a great flame, from it rising Raven. With the distraction of his attack on Ima, he could not react, taking a downward slash from Raven's sword to his forehead. The blow pushed his head down a bit, but not before being pushed back and shot away by the neck power of the king. The king shook his head to try and recover, his blade staggering, making it easier to dodge.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:32 am

And dodge, Ima did, moving upwards quickly so as to not be struck by the blade. She couldn't help but think that was close. That would have been extremely painful. And quite likely fatal. Though her regeneration abilities were great, she was not a starfish.

Seeing that the gravity didn't work on him, the girl decided to try a different approach. She used gravity to repeatedly crush the ground beneath the kind's feet, turning it into practically dust. That would make even someone of Ima's weight sink deeply into almost immediately. And the king certainly wasn't her size.

With that, she rapid fired again.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:48 am

The king sunk in only for a passing moment as raging fire built up beneath him, simply walking to the next safe location. Raven held his sword above his head, building energy into the blade.

"Curse wave!"

He slashed down, sending a wave of his aura at the King, also transitioning to his guns in one motion, charging the enrgy into both weapons.

"Curse Trigger!"

Two more fireball-like attacks followed the crescent strike after the King. The ground next to the King then crumbled under the weight of Ima's gravity change, falling in at the same time the attacks slammed into his head, forcing his front two legs down to their knees. An angry growl followed, shaking off the blows.

"That...hurt!"

He rose to his feet again, the flames over his body going even wilder.

"Now you'll feel my fury!"
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:08 am

Oddly, Ima felt like giggling when she heard that final line. It seemed so...what was the word? It was something food-related. Humans and their sayings...

Not the time, Ima, not the time.

She quickly shot an orange beam at him, in hopes of knocking the great king over, before continuing to rapid-fire him with the default. She couldn't help but wish that she had a bit more of a choice when it came to attacks.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:32 am

Beams rained down upon the king, the orange one slamming into his chest and pushing him into the ground, forming a great crator around him. The follow up rapid fire only helped further the damage, driving him deeper and deeper, blasts of flame blowing off in random directions. The king let out a mighty cry the smoke rising up and enveloping him.

"AND STAY DOWN!"

Raven passed by Ima in a blur, flipping forward with the weight of his sword adding that much more to his attack. The crimson and black energy focused on the weapon, going berserk.

"CURSE TEMPEST!"

Like no strike he had done before, Raven slashed down, sending a wave of energy unlike any attack he had used, matching the king himself in height, slamming into the smoke and causing and even bigger explosion!

Raven breathed heavily, trying to capture some form of sanity from his wild, attacking mindset. His aura calmed as he stood up straight. It was done....

"THAT....HURT!!!"

Raven couldn't believe it. The smoke was blown away from the location of the attacks as the king stood tall again, his burning eyes locked onto the two nuissances before him.

"Why do you insist on continuing this fight? Your Father was far superior than you are, and he fell. What's your chance?"

Raven stared back as the energy outlining his body began to grow out, flaring, as if it itself were enraged by his words.

"Why? I fight just for that reason........for my Father, my family. You took my world from me, so now I'll make us even........"

The aura of 'flames' overcame his body, the force of the event shaking the ground, the air, the grass below blew in gale force winds.With a second explosion, itleft, what now stood there was no longer Raven, or rather, the human form of Raven. Red eyes looked out from a black face, the crimson beast had been unleashed. Raven's demonic form floated there, looking down at the King, thrust the sword out that had been changed from the power surge, runes of green and eyes of red in each skull, the blade growing slightly longer.

"I'll take your kingdom!"

"My kingdom?"

The king slowly chuckled until it changed into a roaring laugh.

"Idiot! You really have no idea what's at work here, do you?"
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:24 am

Ima paused for a moment, curious as to what the king found so incredibly amusing. She wasn't quite sure if she should keep firing, seeing as there might be an explanation coming up, so she kept herself in a position out of the enemy's reach and with her fingers close to the triggers.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:43 am

"Don't play dumb with me! I know once I take you down, your kingdom will crumble with it, 'your majesty'!"

The king laughed even harder, shaking his head, then laughing even louder.

"So little you know! Child....my name is Astaroth, and I am the head of the Royal Army!"

Reality set in. This demon....wasn't the king? How could that be possible?

"Then....who?"

"My lord had graced you with his pressence already! He awaits you just past that clearing.....It's a shame you'll never get there."
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:44 am

Ima tilted her head in a curious manner. So he wasn't the king? He was just the leader of all those soldiers? And he had such a funny name too. This was the strangest...well, maybe not the strangest, but very strange.

She stayed in the same position, but couldn't help but disagree with Astaroth on his last statement. She could very well rocket past him to the real king, and bring Raven with her. Of course, she wasn't going to. True king or no, this was the man that killed Raven's family and destroyed his home. She wasn't moving until Raven said so.

...But if this monster wasn't the king, then it could only be that one, right?
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:40 am

Raven couldn't grasp it. This.....thing wasn't even a King and he destroyed everything he knew. He held his head, fighting back his thoughts, the voices of the past reaching out to him.

"So....you were just....an underling?"

This was it. Raven said now more, simply head his sword out to the side. The energ around him pulsed, going static and chaotic in appearance. He let out a battle roar before disappearing in a flash, now a comet of energy aimed at the head of the demon named Astaroth.

His sword fell, the force of generations cutting into his burning flesh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9