Dark Eternity - X Omega
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:14 am

She didn't respond for a while, but then quietly asked. "If it doesn't hurt you too much, would you tell me about your family? What were their names? What were they like? Feelings, not facts."

Having talked about herself made her think of her own family, so it hadn't taken her long to think of the question. She just wasn't sure that it was a good question to ask. It must still hurt him, especially now, on a quest like this.

Suddenly Ima wished the stars were out.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:36 am

Raven took a deep breath through his teeth, trying to focus on the intensity of the question. He was going to answer, just wanted to think up the right answers for the situation.

"Dad was a very 'Noble' guy, and by that I mean he was never satisfied with your basic life. He had to be the best, be the most talented, sophisticated warrior in the village, but he was always there for the family. He was essentially the same thing I was but before the time of good firearms, so needless to say swordsmanship was very important to him. He would spend every waking moment speaking about it, talking about how important his job was.....and training Drake to be the next generation of Blair Demon Hunters."

He then put on a bit of a smile at the mention of his older brother.

"Drake caught on better than anyone I've seen. It was like that sword was a part of him, he moved so fluidly. I would just sit and watch them train, hours at a time. I wanted to be just like them, just like Dad and Drake, but Dad didn't want me to. He thought there could only be one swordsman in the family, that it belonged to the eldest.....but Drake didn't think so. Some nights we'd sneak out, and whatever he learned that week he would teach me. That's how I got so good with this bad boy."

He pointed with his thumb to the sword on his back.

"As for Mom, she was....well a Mom, haha. She took real good care of us, and with Dad going off to defend the village or whatever was happening at the time, she was one of the bravest people I've ever known. With the whole realization that Dad was, well, not human really opens my eyes to that. She.....she's the reason I'm alive today I'd like to think, and I keep her memory alive whenever I can."

He nodded as he licked his lips.

"I loved my family, still do........but they're not here anymore, and mourning my whole life won't accomplish anything. That's why I'm here. There was only room for one hunter in the family......"

Raven looked out to the sun, realizing that in the time they had been moving, it had barely moved.

"......me."
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:53 am

Ima smiled softly at him. "They sound wonderful." She said honestly. She was a bit jealous actually, though she felt bad for being a bit jealous. So she did her best to push that away.

She wasn't sure what else to ask, so she said nothing more.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:31 am

Raven and Ima had continued their walk, taking a step into the center of a decent sized ravine. The sand began to shift around them as pillars of the material began to rise, snad pouring off of them into multiple figures in brown cloaks were seen, their faces hidden by cloth masks and hoods.

"Ahhh, is it about that time again?"

He placed his hands behind his back at the same time a single knife was thrown at a blinding speed, stopping him in his tracks. Raven stalled before pulling a single gun and firing, only to hit sand as the cloaked figures sunk back into the sands.

"So a game of whack-a-mole, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:01 pm

The alien looked at her friend curiously. "What's whack-a-mole?" She couldn't help but ask. Ima had never heard of it before. Weren't moles a type of animal?

Humans and their odd sayings...

She put her hands in her pockets, resting them on her guns so she could pull them out and fire quickly. "And I was enjoying the sun too..." She whined. She had also thought of a few more questions...oh well. After that question about his family she doubted that he'd feel good answering any more.

And she could ask a lot of questions.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:14 am

Raven looked around, moving so he and Ima were back to back, making sure the line of fire was a full circle.

"When I say now....just start firing."

He closed his eyes, and everything became one. Sight, sound, it was all one sense. He tasted color, sights spoke to him, feelings looked so clear. Sand parted in time for a bullet to meet a drawn knife.

"NOW!"
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:50 pm

At the call, Ima pulled out her guns and began rapid-firing at anything that was within eyesight. She still wanted to know how all these enemies kept finding them...but that was a question for another time.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 am

Lasers and Bullets shattered the sound barriers, flying by in different directions, but hitting nothing but sand. Raven kept the attack on, but couldn't hit anything, frustration building. Fianlly, a shot was fire, the bullet being blocked with a knife.....but not the second attack!

A blade pierced through the cloth mask of the attacker, Raven's boot guiding it with otherworldly precision into it's face before pulling it out, the body alling into the sand, sinking into it.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 1:31 am

"Woo! You got him!" Ima cheered. Then she realized that there were still many more than just that one, and continued to fire.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 1:44 am

Sand exploded up from around them in mutliple locations, the remaining cloaked figures launching into the air, knives aimed directly at them.

"I knew you couldn't hide forever."

A smirk appeared under crimson eyes as guns rose into the air. Time slowed around them, at least to Raven. It was like things were lining up just for him to knock them down. Triggers pulled, a hail of lead flying up into the crowd, some bodies falling while more charged, looking for blood.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:12 am

Ima hit those that didn't fall, shooting them with her laser before increasing the gravity on their fall, making it fast enough that it would be painful even on sand. She made sure that they couldn't get back up.

The girl had to wonder why they even bothered to continue to come, when they were always always going to lose. Didn't they know that?

She shrugged and kept firing. Their loss, she supposed.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:35 am

Raven sighed as he saw the remaining foes fall. It was like this all too often. Raven found the weak point and broke the defense, any left overs Ima took out with ease. He couldn't have a good fight anymore.

"Well......that was annoying....kinda."

Raven spun his guns, placing them in their holsters.

"We have more distance we need to cover and not enough time to get there. Who knows what those psycho royal idiots are planning and how long we have to stop them."

Raven sighed.

"or more importantly how long they'll stay still so I can catch them."
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:44 am

Ima put her guns away as well, though not in a fancy way like Raven.

"I could help." She said in response to not being able to move fast enough. "The speed we were going before was actually relatively slow. If you're okay with the idea, I can help us go much faster."

The alien grinned at him. "Just point in the direction!"
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:48 am

"You may be the most useful partner I've ever had."

Raven smiled at her, pointing over his shoulder in the direction they were walking in before. He just knew they were going in the right direction, his senses going wild.

"Faster the better, that way."
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:54 am

Ima nodded, smiling happily at his compliment and making the two of them float off the ground. She took note of the direction that Raven was pointing, and looked back to Raven.

"Close your eyes." She said simply.

And the two rocketed off at a pace that would make the speedometer of any vehicle break ten times over.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Even Raven felt shock at the intense speed that they were travelling at. He was known for going at very high speeds, but this was something completely new. He couldn't see the sand beneath them, or anything to be honest. The speed made everything hard to register.

Then they came to a stop.

There was no more sand, long past had it gone, but rather grass beneath their feet. The sun had not left, but became more tolerable. Raven opened his eyes, taking in the scenary. Green grass rolled as far as the eye could see into a massive rockwall on the very far opposite side. Large cracks in the ground formed ledges and canyons so deep you'd have to fall in to see the bottom.

But that wasn't the breath taking feature of this place.........

Creatures. Creatures of every walk of life made this place their home. Small, rabbit-like animals scampered by in a playing frollock, wolven-types in a pack resting on a high-ledge, overlooking the plains. Tiger-striped wild cats ran in a pack, probably on the hunt for food. Raven looked on to what could be the largest monster he had ever seen. Four-legged, scaled-skin in what appeared to be a gigantic tortoise, though it humbling strolled along, obviously a gentle giant.

Raven looked on to the untamed terrain just as two creatures whipped by through the air, dragonic in form, the air blasting behind the duo as Raven held onto his head with one hand, his coat flapping in the gust.

This was all but a paradise in appearance.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:54 pm

Ima was, once again, or possibly even still, having a field day. How many interesting new things were they going to see? She was already far over her head with questions she wanted to ask, even with all the questions she had asked random people before, but now there were more!

Ima felt as if her head was going to explode.

The girl giggled at the cats, wondering if Takato would be scared of them too, before turning to Raven again. "There are so many interesting things here!" She told him, not just meaning this place in particular, but wherever they were. "When we're done and everything has calmed down, can we come back? Pretty please?"
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:01 am

"Ima....to be honest I'm not even sure how to leave so I think there's a good chance."

He laughed, looking across again, now finding a passage way throught he giant stone wall on the opposite side.

"There's our way through."

He took a deep breath, taking in the scent of this beautiful place before charging down the hill into the plains, ready to run through the gap and onto the final fight, but with these various predators on this canyonous field, there was a good chance they would have to fight through.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:13 am

Ima bounded after him. She really did hope that they could visit again, she liked this placed a lot. Even...Alabastor, that was the name! Alabastor, she even liked Alabastor. She'd just have to make sure not to stay too long when she went there.

Sometimes she wished she were human if only to be able to explore places like that.

"Do you think this is going to be the last battle?" Asked Ima. "Or you think that they're going to have a trick up their...oh, what was it? Up their something." She pouted a bit. "You all have the weirdest sayings, I can never remember them all."
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:19 am

"Up their sleeve? well.....have you ever seen the...."

Raven was cut off by growls form before them. He knew it was about that time. The cat-like creatures had taken stand in their way, forming a wall. It was strange, for their emotions were almost visible, and this wasn't food they were after. They were enraged by the pressence of these two humanoids.

"Well......I knew this wasn't going to last long."

He reached back, pulling from the holster the massive Sword of Azrael, placing it on his shoulder. He held out his hand, motioning toward himself with his finger.

"Here kitty kitty."
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:27 am

"Aw." Ima pouted again. She wanted to go fight the prince, not the creatures she was curious about...though she was curious about the prince too. But that was different.

This also brought up her earlier point of how enemies kept finding them and attacking them. Couldn't the kitties be friendly for once? Just once?

She sighed.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:32 am

A single cat lunged onto Raven, his sword turning sideways to catch it's claws, rolling back into a flip and throwing it to the ground, only in time to leap to the right and dodge another strike. He stabbed with his sword, the cat jumping to the side and smacking it down, then slashing with speed Raven did not expect, a claw catching his chest. He pushed back, holding it, then looking down as energy began to seeped over it, healing the wounds slowly.

"You're fast."

He cracked his neck, then placed the edge of his sword on the back of his hand, the point aimed at the target.

"Round two."
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:42 am

Ima shot at the other cat, not sure as to whether or not Raven wanted help. But if he did, then he could always ask. Again though, she wished that they could meet something that didn't want to maim and/or kill and/or eat them.

Someday she hoped. But it didn't seem like it was going to be today.

Noting the speed of the other cat, she manipulated gravity to make the cat she was aiming at become much, much heavier.
Back to top Go down
xShanex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:50 am

The cat was able to move enough to dodged most of the beam, taking only a blast on the foot, taking it to the ground. It was in pain, but not dying. Raven ducked one charge then spun a full circle, grabbing the cat's foot and slamming it into the side of another one.

"These things, they aren't attacking us because we're going after the royal family. I think they feel threatened. They must hunt them. Ima, don't kill them, just take them down."

He slammed the hilt of his sword into the gut of another cat,driving it into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Dimly
Admin
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:58 am

"Alright." She responded, switching the guns' mode so that the beam was orange and not red. That way it wouldn't really hurt, just send it flying a ways. With that, she took am and fired at the cats that Raven wasn't close enough to reach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair   Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crimson Beast - The story of Raven Blair
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next