Dark Eternity - X Omega
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The End - It was fun.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

The End - It was fun. Empty
PostSubject: The End - It was fun.   The End - It was fun. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:30 am

So, so many memories of rp that poke at me while I deal with life.

This is just a small drabble of a melancholy idiot..

-------------

That time again. The day that Seireitei got a clue and decided to relax for once after another season of battle. There were no echoing moments of doom on the horizon and the Gotei 13 (what was left of it after the war) could breath easy. However, they were not the only ones. A pair of red eyes shimmered beneath a hat as a cane tapped along cracked earth. The sound of the sea meeting ears and a dark blue sky casting rain down onto the single figure trotting up a rather steep hill with a small, sad smile across his pale lips. Peace was at hand. A peace that meant more than anybody knew for a single group of people still reaching for their dreams. He could scarcely believe that this was the end of the long journey that they had long walked, but, it was true.

I know that you're hiding things
Using gentle words to shelter me
Your words were like a dream
But dreams could never fool me
Not that easily...

"You're late.."

He looked up at the lazy, teasing voice that greeted him atop the step-crafted hill. A boy with amber eyes stared back at him with his arms crossed and a red coat whipping in the wind. Rain dripped over the face of this boy, yet it wasn't hard to see that he had been crying not too long ago. Tears still seeped just at the edges of those eyelids and begged to escape. They didn't fall. Something which Takato Rutherford felt proud of, considering the situation. Slowly his arms fell from their tense position and rested beside him with a sigh of cold air, his back leaning up against a nearby boulder that actually appeared to be bigger than his rather short stature. His adjusted position also gave the red-eyed man a chance to note that there were more than just them on the hilltop.

A fox yip sent him back his thoughts as a small form jumped onto the head of the blonde.

Takato...

...Asuna...

It's in your hands now.

I acted so distant then
Didn't say goodbye before you left
But I was listening
You'll fight your battles far from me
Far too easily

"Hey buddy.."

Two nearly identical males waved from the edge of a tree-branch. The one of the left, balancing on the tip like it was second nature, had ridiculously spiky hair with streaks of crimson running through black roots. He looked the youngest out of the duo, having features that could honestly be described as both overly average and weirdly cute at the same time. His eyes were the most striking though. Purple, with a black line in the middle that dipped into a slit-like shape. Obviously fake contacts that he had picked out. His clothes though made a interesting pause for him. It looked like some sort of academy uniform, but in one solid yellow color that could blind someone. To finish off this outfit hung a small, dull locket around his neck that slept across his chest between the blazer.

His "twin" on the other hand was a different story. He had the same height, looks that had barely any noticeable difference and even a smile that matched perfectly. The point of his spiky hair though was a pitch black and sweat backwards over his head into a adorable pigtail that twitched in the slight wind. Unlike his twin he wore a custom red Chinese shirt with white edgings and black pants to match, having a rather baggy, comfy modification to them. Still, that wasn't the end of these differences. His sparkling eyes were a welcoming casting of blue and a far-cry from the fakeness of mere contacts. He had a aura about him. A aura that set one at ease and let everyone around him know that he wouldn't harm a fly. Like a puppy staring back at you with a wagging tail.

"Nice for ya' to turn up, Masataka..."

Kai and Kai....

You were the first...

"Save your tears cause I'll come back"
I could hear that you whispered as you walked through that door
But still I swore
To hide the pain when I turn back the pages
Shouting might have been the answer
What if I'd cried my eyes out and begged you not to depart
But now I'm not afraid to say what's in my heart

Masataka smiled. His cane gave a light tap on the ground before his feet urged him forward up the final step. A hand lifted and took hold of the hat on his head before tossing it away to reveal his brown hair and lightly-skinned face. He looked old. Tired and exhausted from something. Sure, his body spoke of youth and he had a delightfully handsome air about him that wouldn't go amiss normally. Yet, his fallen shoulders and strained eyes whispered of something more. Something that the three figures following along side him knew quite a bit about. Two women and a man with a bird-shaped skull on his forehead were silent, as if waiting for him to respond. The woman with bright red, almost pink, hair placed a hand on the arm of the genius while the young black haired girl in the formal looking kimono just bowed her head.

So many things lost...

Ayano...

...Lennai....

.....Tsuruko...

I won't forget what was lost...

"Zetta! It's been fun, hasn't it?"

Voices perked up from the right, standing by the same tree that the duo were hanging in. There were more than three that stood there though. A rather frail, oddly dressed orange haired lad winked and posed in-front of a rather large group that hovered around him like over-protective guardians. Slowly two of them moved and bowed lightly, showing that they too were twins. Twins that were truly just that. They both had long white hair and rather feminine features that made it hard to tell if it they were boys or actually girls. The only thing that allowed one to tell them apart was the fact that one of them had a strange disk-shaped object attached his arm. Other than this they were perfectly identical, from top to bottom.

Neku...

.....Fayt....

........Isao.....

...or what never was...

"Aye. That it has."

Another "man" stepped out from the shadows and nodded to Masataka, his kind eyes shining in the light. His black robe and white haori made him stand out, with the sword attracted to his side just enhancing his appearance. He too was quite feminine with rich snow-white skin and a soft odor of roses that fit his long orange-red hair that fell down his back in messy, long strips. He wasn't alone either. A girl with a rather "blessed" chest and chillingly slivery-pink hair tossed the cane-holding man a smile and gestured towards her heart. Her soul. Much like the genius, they looked rather "out of it" and fatigued. As if only standing by sheer will and the need to finish something after so very long. Finally, as if everyone currently here had long been prepared for this, they all turned towards the north and looked out to the haunting ocean that taunted them at the bottom of this "hill"

Kenshin...

...Moka....

Did all goodbyes feel this.... soul-crushing..?

Though a thousand words
Have never been spoken
They'll fly to you
Crossing over the time and distance holding you
Suspended on silver wings

"This is the end..." began Masakataka as he looked at those around him, eyes falling low, "We've all had many adventures. We've all had things we could never quite reach. It's just a pity that some never will..." He trailed off, falling into a chilling silence as the rain increased. Drops streaked down his cheeks and to his lips, a dry chuckle barking out over his sour smile...

"I don't mind though."

Takato and his familiar had years to go. He would wander many lands, meeting many people that he wanted to call friends. He never would. His grin gave a small child warmth and a unknowing gathering a feeling of bravery. A simple Magi who never amounted to anything, a simple user of magic that wanted a family and a warm meal. He would never give up on people or his goal, all while he helped guard a stranger of his planet with all his strength. With his life even. Perhaps a path awaited him that would steal many things from the blonde, but perhaps another sat in unspoken cheer. A vision of the future. Either way, his time wasn't now. One day, it would be. Just, not yet. After all, that child still needed his watchful eye.

Kai was done. Both of them. Many hardships and stories had been told through the twins. Fun games and mythical moments swam in their dreams no matter how they slept. Thoughts of love, thoughts of girls danced through their minds in a constant chime. They each had someone they cared for deeply, even if they could never truly call those loved ones theirs. "Spiky" was just thankful it was all over. He might never get to taste the thing he wanted, but he had been through enough. Enough to last a lifetime. "Pigtail" didn't want it to be over. He just didn't have any other choice. He knew he couldn't keep it up anymore and the burning flame within him was now little more than a spark. The duel of life had ended with his loss. Now, they could only observe.

The end and the beginning...

And a thousand words
One thousand confessions
Will cradle you
Making all of the pain you feel seem far away
They'll hold you forever

Neku. He didn't get to live. Didn't get to sing. Didn't get to dance to the beat that he heard through his headphones. He only got to hug a small, shy girl that looked at him with affection and called him brother. That was enough for him. Enough for the people that protected him and made up his guardians. Once nothing more than a piece broken off from Kenshin, but now someone that a little child looked up to in hope. Even Isao and Fayt, another two who never got to truly see the world and accomplish their dreams, knew that such a thing was true happiness. Especially for a "taker of lives" and a "duelist" who could never be normal no matter how much he wanted to be. Kenshin himself would have been proud of the three, even as he does what he does best. Wander.

Lennai might have been a monster, but he made a impact that set the stage of many things. Including what happened to certain people. Ayano. The wife that never got to be a wife. She had been lost when the best friend of the genius had turned on him. His daughter, Tsuruko, soon followed after. Both strikes to his soul and rivers of sorrow that never truly repaired. Even after he had forgiven that friend, nothing was ever truly the same. A once polite, mocking man had become a shell that took delight in toying with the woman that gained his heart and crushing her into the dirt. A shell that shattered and left nothing but a empty hole after many years of this. Masataka knew revenge was sweet, he just didn't believe that the pain that losing his final love could hurt so much.

So long, Saikah...

The dream isn't over yet
Though I often say I can't forget
I still relive that day
"You've been there with me all the way"
I still hear you say

"I'm sorry." whispered Masataka to the air as he bowed his head, "I'm sorry."

"Next time.." promised the Kai duo as they looked to the sky and narrowed their eyes.

"We won't forget. Zetta!" pumped Neku, lifting a fist up while the other twin pair tossed cards and knives into the air.

"Even though it is over..." spoke Ayano in a soft voice, wrapping a comforting arm around Tsuruko. Lennai said nothing.

"The time we've had....was fun...." bowed Kenshin, making a gesture for Moka to follow.

"Don't worry though.." began Takato with a small grin and swish of his red coat.

"Wait for me I'll write you letters"
I could see how you stammered with your eyes to the floor
But still I swore to hide the doubt
When I turn back the pages
Anger might have been the answer
What if I'd hung my head and said that I couldn't wait
But now I'm strong enough to know it's not too late

Cause a thousand words
Call out through the ages
They'll fly to you
Even though we can't see I know they're reaching you
Suspended on silver wings

Oh a thousand words
One thousand embraces
Will cradle you
Making all of your weary days seem far away
They'll hold you forever

Oh a thousand words
Have never been spoken
They'll fly to you
They'll carry you home and back into my arms
Suspended on silver wings ohhh

And a thousand words
Call out through the ages
They'll cradle you
Turning all of the lonely years to only days
They'll hold you forever

"We'll take it from here!"

"Yip!"

"Chuuuuu~!"
Back to top Go down
https://darketernity.forumotion.net
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: The End - It was fun.   The End - It was fun. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:51 am

Masataka Takayanagi

The End - It was fun. Tumblr_m9qkmfqoar1rfsb2eo1_500

Ayano Takayanagi

The End - It was fun. Tumblr_m9doaeAMMA1qfkbfbo3_1280

Tsuruko Takayanagi

The End - It was fun. 2617724926_613bf29885

Lennai

The End - It was fun. Arranc10

Kai (5D)

The End - It was fun. 1821-ranma06

Kai (GX)

The End - It was fun. Human_Shadow

Neku (+crew) and Kenshin.

The End - It was fun. 67575712

Isao and Fayt

The End - It was fun. 10

Takato Rutherford

The End - It was fun. Edward-elric-bring-it-on-2
Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: The End - It was fun.   The End - It was fun. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:51 am

Back to top Go down
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
Takato Rutherford

PostSubject: Re: The End - It was fun.   The End - It was fun. EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 3:55 pm

Well, now I'm depressed.

I think Ren will carry this one, for now. Sorry old' me, my memories aren't what they used to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The End - It was fun.   The End - It was fun. Empty

Back to top Go down

The End - It was fun.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Eternity - X Omega :: Out of Character :: General Discussion-
Jump to: